WIndows 10 Why does my PC seem to reboot when waking up from sleep mode?

JohnJSal

Hi all. A while back I asked a similar question about my PC sometimes waking up to a blue screen error, but thankfully that hasn't happened since then (perhaps because I use the Start > Sleep option now instead of the Sleep button on my keyboard?), but something kind of like it does happen every now and then.

Sometimes when my PC wakes from sleep mode, instead of just coming back on to my Windows home screen as usual, it will actually go through the rebooting process, with the motherboard logo showing, the Windows 10 login screen, etc.

What would cause this? It's just in sleep mode. Maybe it's related to the other issue?

Thanks!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
With you using sleep mode, its still gonna be most likely driver related. When was the last time windows was freshly installed? You are running hardware that is about 10 years old as the 3770 was released in 2012. If you look at the last couple posts from Beers and Cromewell in this thread, it may still be just a glitch if it only happens now and then.

Not much more we can really tell you.

JohnJSal

With you using sleep mode, its still gonna be most likely driver related. When was the last time windows was freshly installed? You are running hardware that is about 10 years old as the 3770 was released in 2012. If you look at the last couple posts from Beers and Cromewell in this thread, it may still be just a glitch if it only happens now and then.

Not much more we can really tell you.

Thanks. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 this summer, so it's new. But yeah, maybe it's the hardware. Been quite a while since everything but the SSD was upgraded.

Sounds like it might be related to the same issue then. But it definitely happens rarely, so hopefully it's not a real problem.

JohnJSal

Oh my god, I just went back and checked the old thread I made. It was the exact same question!

I thought my previous question was about waking up my PC to a blue screen error (which has also happened)! I didn't realize I had already asked this same question a couple of months ago!

I apologize for this unnecessary thread!

Edit: In fact, if a moderator happens to see this thread and wants to delete it, feel free! :)