Why does my screen keep "splitting"?

gymjunkie

It happens when I'm using Photoshop and the only way I've found to fix it is to reboot the computer. I use Photoshop all day almost every day, sometimes the screen splits in a few minutes and sometimes it will go all day without it happening. I'm using Windows7 Ultimate, the GPU is HIS Radeon HD 6850

20170509_114006.jpg

gymjunkie

Can someone please help me???

And it's not just when I use photoshop as it happened the other night while watching a low quality movie online

gymjunkie

Are you using the latest driver?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 7 - 64

Unfortunately, that driver hasn't been updated in almost 2 years. You most likely need a new video card.

I tried looking for the drivers but was given a list of 25 or 30 and I had no idea what to get. Im downloading the Catalyst Software Suite right now and if I read it correctly it's the one I need so we will see. Thanks for responding with that. Hopefully this does the trick and I won't need a new card

beers

Staff member
Will this fix the audio problems Im having since I installed the first thing I was told? Sound comes out of my headset but when I switch it back to the speakers nothing comes out anymore
Maybe if you're using HDMI audio, but otherwise I'd imagine they are unrelated.

gymjunkie

Thank God they werent unrelated, my audio is back now that I installed that. Only time will tell right now if everything is fixed, if not I will post on here again. Thanks for the help