Why doesn’t Night Owl Security App work on android phone?

johnnyb58

I installed an 8 camera Owl security camera system about 5 years ago and have it running through an App on my wife and daughters Apple phone, but I only recently changed over from a flip phone to an android smart phone when everything went to 5G. I don’t use my phone much at all because I'm usually with my wife and she uses her phone.

I asked my daughter this weekend to connect the cameras up to my phone and found out that there weren’t any apps available for my android phone, but it does work on my android tablet. WTH, I don’t see the difference because they both connect to the internet.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What happens when you search for Night Owl Protect in the play store on your phone? What phone do you have?

johnnyb58

What happens when you search for Night Owl Protect in the play store on your phone? What phone do you have?
I have a Galaxy Android and my daughter tried to install the Night Owl X app using the QR Scan Code with the phone and it says there is no updated app for this phone and doesn’t want to install.

I just now tried the Play Store myself and selected Night Owl Protect, but I wasn’t sure it is the same thing so I backed off. I also just realized that I’ll have to have my daughter to set it up because she knows all information and passwords. So I’m going to have to wait for her to get back from a weeklong trip she’s on.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Any recent Android phone should be compatible to the app. Anything above Android 5. What exact phone do you have?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, its the Night Owl Protect app that you need to use. And your phone is only a couple years old so it should have no problems running it.

johnnyb58

Well, I got my daughter to help me installing the Night Owl Protect app and it said incorrect device. So, I guess I'm out of luck with the phone anyway. My tablet works through the WIFI, but it can't connect away from my router and my WIFI doesn't reach my shop. I don't really need it when we are out because we can use my wife's Apple phone.