Why i can't shut down my laptop

Punk

Staff member
If you do it all the time yeah...

That's weird, I never seen a computer not shutting down without a spyware on it... Are you running scans regularly?
Do you see the shut down button in the main menu?

wungoodshu

Yeah, holding down the power button is not recommended but should take it down. Worst case scenario though, (seeing as how it's a laptop) you could just pull out the battery. Only do that as a last resort though. That'd only be if you wanted to just shut it down because it's frozen or something, not to shut it down each time. I'd scan the computer for spyware and viruses and that kinda thing because that's the only reason I can think of that would make it not wanna shut down.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Yeah, holding down the power button is not recommended but should take it down. Worst case scenario though, (seeing as how it's a laptop) you could just pull out the battery. Only do that as a last resort though. That'd only be if you wanted to just shut it down because it's frozen or something, not to shut it down each time. I'd scan the computer for spyware and viruses and that kinda thing because that's the only reason I can think of that would make it not wanna shut down.

Pulling the plug and battery is MUCH worse than holding down the button.

Holding down the button closes everything and shuts off. Any program or work you have open will not be saved. You will be fine.

wungoodshu

Pulling the plug and battery is MUCH worse than holding down the button.

Holding down the button closes everything and shuts off. Any program or work you have open will not be saved. You will be fine.

Aye. Hence why I considered it a last resort. =/