Why is Chrome suddenly not opening in the same position where I closed it?

JohnJSal

Hi all. This issue just started happening today for no apparent reason. I have always had Chrome fully expanded in the vertical direction on the screen, meaning I drag the top border to the top of the screen and let Windows automatically expand it up and down.

Whenever I close and reopen Chrome, it remains in this position. Except for today. Now when I reopen it, it starts with a little space between the Chrome window and the task bar at the bottom.

Is there any reason this would have started happening? Can I change it back?

Thanks!

Edit: If this matters, I also noticed today that my background was just a solid black color. I'm not sure why this happened either. I have it set for a theme I downloaded from the theme store, and it's always worked normally until today. When I right-clicked on the desktop and went to "Personalize," then the background showed up again after I opened this setting (but didn't actually need to change any of the settings, it just showed up again).

So I'm not sure if these issues are related, but they seem to have to do with the same sort of thing.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I can tell you is that every time I open chrome is that it open in a off center every damn time. I'm starting to think chrome is becoming to problematic anymore. I only use chrome for browsing facebook because Firefox has an issue with FB and has for quite some time. I'm not sure if resetting chrome will work or not, I haven't tried it. I might have to move to a different browser.

JohnJSal

The only thing I can tell you is that every time I open chrome is that it open in a off center every damn time. I'm starting to think chrome is becoming to problematic anymore. I only use chrome for browsing facebook because Firefox has an issue with FB and has for quite some time. I'm not sure if resetting chrome will work or not, I haven't tried it. I might have to move to a different browser.

Ah, that sucks! It has always opened how I last left it until now. I hate when random problems like this just start happening for no apparent reason!

Edit: I tried closing all the tabs I had open, rather than just closing Chrome itself, and then when I opened it fresh it opened as I left it. I just hope it stays this way!

Edit 2: And now I tried closing the window again, but not the individual tabs, and it opened with the gap at the bottom again! :( I guess how I close it has something to do with it, but I have always closed it both ways and never had this issue before.