Why is first pc more expensive than second?

Allerious

Why is link 1 more expensive than link 2?

link 1

link 2

Link 1 is an i7 and link 2 is an i9 so I would have assumed the i9 would be more expensive. Is it that the graphics are better for link 1?

Basically, I want to upgrade my ancient pc. This are it's specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
RAM 8.00 GB

I use my pc for basic stuff like browsing the internet and streaming services. I find my current pc quite noisy and freezes more often as it tries to process basic tasks, like simply opening a new browser tab.

Basically, I just want the pc which will give me the smoothest experience. It's rare I play games on the pc and when I do it's games I expect require low effort from the pc e.g. Civilization.

I've tried playing Warhammer Total War in the past but feel my pc wasn't up to it. Would both link 1 & link 2 be easily up to the task?

This is the only thing I'm unsure about when looking at the required specs for playing WTW:
  • VIDEO CARD: (DirectX 11) AMD Radeon R9 270X 2048MB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048MB @ 1080p.
What link 1 & 2 say about the graphics aren't very comparable with the "VIDEO CARD" specs requirements for WTW.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Those 2 links you put are for machines that you don't game on. If you want to game you will need a desktop pc that can actually support a dedicated graphics card. Beware of items sold by third parties but shipped by amazon as sometimes you'll find out that the prices are inflated because its a third party. You want to find items that are sold and shipped by amazon.