Why is my everything on my screen enlarged?

saidtheredhead

Hi there all!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I have a new Acer laptop, and it's the first time I've had Windows 7 as an operating system.

A few nights ago, I went to sleep while watching videos on YouTube. When I woke up, everything on the screen was enlarged. I shut the computer down and restarted it with no luck. In the past, when this has happened, I've gone into Control Panel>Appearance and Personalisation>Adjust Screen Resolution, and I've adjusted the screen size and everything's apples.

However, this time, it doesn't seem to be related to this.

Is it possible I have pressed something or held something down while I was snoozing? I've had a bit of a look around the forums and I feel like it has something to do with Magnifier. No matter what I do, I can't get the screen to return to it's normal size, and it's just so excrutiatingly annoying I can't deal with it anymore. Is anyone willing to help an Aussie gal by sharing your genius with me? I use Google Chrome if that's important.

Step by step instructions would be appreciated. I'm not completely hopeless when it comes to computers, but I'm no tech whiz either.

Thanks so much in advance!

Kate:D

Twiki

Right click on the screen and mouse over view. See the icon selections and select medium.

saidtheredhead

Hello!
Thanks so much for your reply.

I did what you suggested, to no avail. Medium was already selected, and even when I selected small, the print on the screen remained the same size. I really appreciate your help though. :)

Tuffie

Is this with relation to ALL items on your screen, all of the text or only in Chrome it self?

What is the highest resolution you can set it too?

newcomputer20

Oddly enough I woke up today with the same problem ! My task bar is larger as well as windows gadgets but all games etc are the same smaller resolution i'd expect from 2560x1440. I was going to reinstall windows to fix this, but no idea why/how it happened so it maynot even fix. For you is just windows things are bigger or it is everything is literally magnified?

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Above^^. Plus I know you said you checked the resolution, but did you look at what your refresh rate is set at?

newcomputer20

nope just enlarged windows task bar and the windows bars etc themselves are larger. everything in the windows and games etc is the same size. I could printscreen if you like but hard to know without comparing. Just woke up this morning with a fuzzy screen (white and gray fuzz) and a AMD update this morning after restart.