Why is this so expensive?

blue957400

I was looking to upgrade my video card... I have a PNY Geforce 8800gts 320mb and it's still going for $180+ new.... Just wanted to know why it's so expensive. Gonna try and see if some one takes the card plus cash for a gts 250 or better.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6750 @ 2.66ghz
RAM: OCZ Gold 800mhz
GPU: PNY Geforce 8800gts 320mb XLR8
PSU: Coolermaster 550 Watt
HDD:250gb Sata
Monitor: Acer X223w
Speakers: Logitech Z-560

Droogie

that's sounds really overpriced to me. that card isn't worth that much. where are you getting that number?

Droogie

that card was pretty much replace by the 8800 GT, which is not the 9800 GT. those go for ~$100-$120. it has been deactivated by newegg, it's not really sold anymore.

i'd say the 8800 GTS 320 MB is worth under $100. and used, maybe $50.

ATCPandemic

WOOOO,did you say an 8800gts 320mb is worth 180+ dang, either thats not true or too good to be true. I highly doubt a 8800gts 320mb is worth that, I checked, currently an 8800gts 512mb which is far more powerful then 8800gts 320mb is only worth 110bucks now. But if you can pull off a nice scam and sell it for that money, by all means go for it and good luck, becuase I am sure someone stupid enough not to care will just buy it LOL.

blue957400

yah i googled my pny geforce 8800gts 320mb and it came up on google under thier thing that shows websites trying to sell them....i'm not saying i'm trying to sell for $180 but maybe i can get more buy telling them that it costs $180 new so i can give it to them for $120? lol hopefully some retard buys it...

bomberboysk

Just depends on the market area, for example, i know people who where they live there was a 6600gt for $100 on craigslist(and someone bought it..), and around here, i almost bought an evga 8800gts 320mb for $30.

Twist86

I always figured the price was due to the reason they no longer made the card thus less supply = they charged more.

Even though I would never buy it...cheaper to buy a new PSU and a 9800GT now.

viper110110

I always figured the price was due to the reason they no longer made the card thus less supply = they charged more.

Even though I would never buy it...cheaper to buy a new PSU and a 9800GT now.

Usually only works if they have something nice about them that makes them desirable, such as good overclocking or being the best remaining AGP card, which I believe it is not.

ganzey

banned
you realize that this thread is 7 months old. i agree that it is funny that someone is stupid enough to try and sell them for that much but plz dont bump old threads.

dirtbikeryzz

Speaking of the 8800 cards why did they stop making the 8800gtx? I mean shit that thing maxes out games to this date.

fedochinni

Top dog: nVidia

The 8800GTS is a rare card, but was rated the worst value for money card in the world. For $180 your looking around a GTX 260 or superclocked GTS 250.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Is that card AGP? AGP cards are up in price since they are in low demand and some people still have AGP motherboards.