Why isn't my internet working?

JohnJSal

Hi all. I'm having a weird issue today. My internet seems to be connected according to the network icon, and yet I can't load most websites. I'm getting a message that I have no connection.

However, when I do a Google search or even watch an entire video (!) on YouTube, it works fine.

I don't understand this. The internet seems to be down, but how are these few other things working?

If it matters, I'm near Houston, so we've been getting a lot of rain and bad weather from the storm. The internet has been down several times over the past couple of days (it's satellite), so that much isn't confusing. I'm just baffled as to how I can still use Google and YouTube.

Thanks!

JohnJSal

Update: the internet is working normally on my tablet. It appears to be an issue I'm having on my PC, using both Chrome and Firefox.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

JohnJSal

Thanks. Resetting finally fixed it (naturally!), but I will definitely do what you suggested as well.

JohnJSal

Hmm, nothing found, but that has been the solution to a similar issue in the past. Not sure what caused this one.