Why should I overclock?

Motana Bob

Help me out here guys,
I bought all this stuff that is overclockable. I have it all running at pretty much stock everything with the exception of screwing around with the BIOS and letting the thing give me another 6% or so. I am trying to learn everything I can about messing with this more with performance upgrades in mind, but I can't get my mind around what good it is going to do me with my gaming usage.
What I have:
Asus 970 pro gaming MOBO
Vishera 8350 AMD
Radeon r9 270x GPU x 2 w/ crossfirex enabled
1500W PSU
Hyper X ddr3 x 16G memory 2x8 2400
POS case that I need to get replaced
Windows 8.1 64bit which works just fine for me.
HDD x2 = 3TB not in a RAID config :(
and good old cable internet that claims 60 megs but gives like maybe 35
and there's the rub. If I crank up my computer to the very peak of its performance limits, am I gunna be stuck by my internet connection for a choke point?
I use my computer for internet surfing and my version of gaming is crap like mmo's or PvP. I realize that some of this stuff I have is for "Video Editing" but who the hell does that? I built it thinking that I would have a super fast machine, which I do comparatively speaking, and even if I go with something super cool like a water cooling unit and a 360mm radiator, how much faster am I going to be able surf, etc with the internet connection I have.
So how much of an upgrade is 4400 or 4600MHz going to be over the 4100 I have now?
What are some of the better games to play that will utilize both Graphics cards? I play TESO and World of Warplanes and can't get any life out of GPU2 according to MSI Afterburner even though the fans work and I have everything updated daily.
I know both GPU'S work and have posted this query elsewhere with the conclusion that the games can't utilize both.
Last, if I do decide to start crapping out $100.00 bills, whats the best under $300.00 water cooling set up to get for poser level enthusiast?
Thanks in advance

Intel_man

VIP Member
When did you buy that? (I sure hope you didn't buy that recently...)

Why do you have a 1500W power supply? I mean honestly, if you didn't drop that much money on a PSU of that magnitude, you probably could've bought yourself an Intel system that would be faster than what you have.

beers

Staff member
Overclocking doesn't have anything to do with your WAN connection.
how much faster am I going to be able surf
Minimal difference. Any potentially faster rendering time will still be waiting on your WAN latency and bandwidth.
whats the best under $300.00 water cooling set up to get for poser level enthusiast?
I'd probably ditch the crossfire setup for a single, faster card.