Why so quiet???

mrgeorgedude

before, my speakers would be really loud on full settings, but recently (after downloading alot of codec stuff) the sound level seems to have decreased by at least 2/3...im watching a movie and the sound is on full, but it sounds lke theyre wispering...any ideas or software i could get to increase level...maybe new sound card (mines built in to the mobo)

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Check the new codecs that you installed, sometimes they have some audio features in them that are interfering with your sound levels. Skype has a setting that will automatically adjust the sound settings for "optimal" performance... Yeah, ok.

mrgeorgedude

idk i cant seem to find anything...i have downloaded DIVX, XVID, ac3 filter, ffdshow, and morgan stream switcher...i have no idea what any of that really is but i cant find the right setting

bigsaucybob

well on my comp if say real player has the volume bar very low, all the sound is very quiet. and if real player is muted, no sound from any program comes out. so try goin into some multimedia apps u might use and raise the volume.

mrgeorgedude

hah i woulda never guessed that was gonna help...it did raise the volume quite a bit..is there anything else i could try to get the volume to blast a little bit more?