Why Wont my Speakers Work?

EhJsNe

Ive got a Dell Copmuter with Windows XP, and the dell speakers that came with it. Recently we took the computor to get fixed, and when we got it back, the speakers dont work...I tested them on my brothers computoer (a windows 2000) and they work just fine.

Why wont the speakers work on this computer?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in device manager to make sure that the sound driver is installed correctly. What was wrong with the computer that you had to take it in?

EhJsNe

Look in device manager to make sure that the sound driver is installed correctly. What was wrong with the computer that you had to take it in?

How do I get to the Device Manager??

Viruses. Lots and lots and lots of viruses.

Bodaggit23

Right Click on My Computer, Left Click Properties. That's where Device Manager is located.

Look for Yellow question marks.

Right Click on the question mark, Update Driver.

EhJsNe

Right Click on My Computer, Left Click Properties. That's where Device Manager is located.

Look for Yellow question marks.

Right Click on the question mark, Update Driver.

There werent any question marks...and nothing in the audio section could be updated.......arggggggg

kimsland

I always download everything I need directly to my Desktop
Then run the Setup (or unzip it first, if its a zip file)
Then when all is done I delete the original download file
I find this to be the easiest option always ;)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There werent any question marks...and nothing in the audio section could be updated.......arggggggg

Is there a speaker icon down in the taskbar by the clock? Is it muted perhaps or turned down too low? What exactly is listed under sound, video, and game controllers in device manager? Go into control panel, click on sounds and audio devices, click on audio tab, what does it say for default device for sound playback? Answer these questions and we can better help you.

ganzey

banned
because someting is broken, lol jk. make sure it is plugged intot the right slot, not the microphone one