Why would a laptop computer just shut off?

Southy

I was recently using my computer, had a whole bunch of things open, mind you it can handle it, its not even a 1 yr old toshiba laptop and all of a sudden it just shut off, out of no where.... no warning no nothing, just off, and of course I lost everything that I had open. I usually leave it on for days at a time but didnt think this would have effected it, so why would it do that?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
um...well my laptop does that too sometimes and i found out that at the bottem of the screen the plastic started to split apart exposing things and a while got a little screwed up inside and it happens to control the power so the laptop sometimes just shuts off.

alanuofm

VIP Member
Southy said:
I was recently using my computer, had a whole bunch of things open, mind you it can handle it, its not even a 1 yr old toshiba laptop and all of a sudden it just shut off, out of no where.... no warning no nothing, just off, and of course I lost everything that I had open. I usually leave it on for days at a time but didnt think this would have effected it, so why would it do that?

a laptop like any other mechanical machine is requires 10,000 things to go right before it is operational. they are always prone to error. if your computer shut off once in a year, you have a pretty reliable machine.

shupola

my laptop has done this b4. mostly when i play games, but i added 512mb of ram and a pad with cooling fans under it and havent had much trouble since. so far my computer has only shut down once in about a month and it used to be an everyday thing.

computerhakk

VIP Member
is it A70 - A75 series? those series seem to have overheating problems.. so im thinking that might be the case.. make sure nothings blocking the vents or anything.. you can try a cooling pad.. or if the warranty is still in affect.. give them a call

alanuofm

VIP Member
have you ran any temperature sensor programs to check the temp of your laptop? i usually have speedfan open while running prime95 to make sure the laptop doesn't overheat under stress.