Wi-fi???

Steel

Hey, can someone explain to me what exactly what wifi is? What it does? How much it costs? per moth? Basicly everything you need to know because i'm confused. . . .

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes...

WIFI stands for WIRELESS FIDELITY - wireless freedom. It works in the 2.4Ghz waverange on a number of channels that depends on your geographical location. There are many standards around, with the B being the most widespread and allowing for transfer speeds of 11Mbits/s. The second most widely used would be the newer G standard that allows for a transfer rate of 54Mbits/s. They differ in the range coverage and the speed they can handle. For long distances the B standard is more suitable and for shorter distances or places with high interference, the G standard is advisable. I am connected to an access point that is about 1.7 kilometres away. I need to use a strong external antenna with a high gain. However, I had no problems with the connection whatsoever. Go wireless if you can :). Be aware that there are positives and negatives to all of this. Up to you man.

JAN :D