wierd CPU

93wind

heej,

I dont really know if the post is suppost to be on this part of the form but I think its my cpu that screws my system. the problem is that my cpu usage blows to something like 90 when my pc is started and then restart, this dont happen every time but it happends like 1 out of the 10 times. I think the cpu is screwd or its over heated, I cleand my fan and hope it will help but is there a program to check if my cpu is still alright and a prog te check my cpu heat(or is there a standerd windows program or something) hope someone can help me and if u need more info just ask(and plz tell me where to find it:p).

spynoodle

heej,

I dont really know if the post is suppost to be on this part of the form but I think its my cpu that screws my system. the problem is that my cpu usage blows to something like 90 when my pc is started and then restart, this dont happen every time but it happends like 1 out of the 10 times. I think the cpu is screwd or its over heated, I cleand my fan and hope it will help but is there a program to check if my cpu is still alright and a prog te check my cpu heat(or is there a standerd windows program or something) hope someone can help me and if u need more info just ask(and plz tell me where to find it:p).
The first thing you should do is download Speedfan to check your CPU temps:
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

ZER0X

VIP Member
the problem is that my cpu usage blows to something like 90 when my pc is started and then restart

From further in your post, I'm assuming you're referring to heat rather then CPU usage. If you have cleaned your CPU fan, then make sure when you turn your computer on that the fan is spinning properly.

There is also a possibility that you may need to re-apply thermal paste to the CPU.

There are programs to stress your CPU, but by the sounds of it, you know that there's a problem already so doing it will not be worth it.

93wind

heej,
it pretty screwd up now becoz my pc cant work anymore, if I start it up and log on it restarts in 30 secs so there is no time to do a thing. I had jesterday luck that I installed and checked that speedfan program and is says that if I dont do a thing everything is alright but my gpu and my core are too warm(they have that burning icon thin insted of a green oke thingy) so what to do now?? my gpu is a Gforce 7600 with no fan but something else( I will search a cam and take a pic of it if u think it whould help).
also what can I do to make my core temp lower?? the only fan inside my whole machine is the cpufan(I think coz it is attached to the mobo) so will it help if i put an extra fan on it?? hope I gave you the right info to help me

*edit
I want to post that pic and I know there is some sort of site where I can make it readeble for the forum or something but I dont know it anymore and the site is only saved on my screwd pc.

*edit 2
I searched a bit more on the internet and find some info about that it could be my ram/flash memory the make my computer crach, is there anyone who knows if this is real or fake plz tell me

Last edited:

Kellie Dobbie

There are lots of factors that can cause a PC to restart such as defective memory, motherboard, PSU, etc. but since you already mentioned that your CPU is overheating, then we can safely assume the excessive heat is causing it to restart. Yes, an extra fan could help in bringing the temp. down, just make sure your case has enough holes for air intake and exhaust.

93wind

I know that the cpu is overheated so there is a big change that its my cpu, but at the other side te cpu is always really heated but it wasent really a problem. yesterday I had my pc working so I shut it down and cleaned my cpufan and that lowerd my temps to 50(I think). I am gonna try to use only 1 of my two ramsticks coz it are two different brands so I hope that that wil fx it I wil keep you up to date about if it works or not.

Aastii

VIP Member
Did you take the heatsink off the CPU? If so, did you then clean the CPU and heatsink surface and reaply thermal grease? If not, then that will probably be causeing you to overheat.

What were you using to find out your temperatures? If it was a thermometer, they aren't very accurate when it comes to measuring chip temperatures, especially CPU, because the temperature of the heat spreader on the CPU is lower than the chip itself, and the heat in the heatsink is even lower than the chip itself, specially as you move further away from the chip. The best way to tell is through the BIOS, or with temperature monitoring software.

Speedfan was mentioned, but I wouldn't trust what it says. For controlling fan speeds, it is great, for monitoring temperatures, not so good. Use HWmonitor or real temp instead:

HWMonitor: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Real Temp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

spynoodle

If your CPU is running at around 50C now, just run a program like Prime95 and see what it gets up to under full load:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

As for your GPU, it should be fine, since the little fire icon really means nothing until you set what you want your maximum temp to be in the speedfan configuration. What is the actual degrees C temp of your GPU?