WiFi Connection Problems

999nnn

The WiFi router I use is in my landlord's unit about 30 yards from my antennae or range extender.

My connection will be fine for a while, even hours oftentimes, and then the connection will become "Limited", or all connection will be lost. The network goes to "Limited" then "Connecting" then "Connected" regularly. Sometimes I reset the extender when a connection problem arises by unplugging it and then the connection may be fine for a while.

When one of the networks that I am connected to dies the Belkin restart program starts and gives me the option to choose another network and reset, or my computer goes back and forth trying to connect with another network when there's a connection problem. Neither of these occurrences consistently restores my connection.

A few other tenants in my building also use my landlord's router, so I'm sure this creates a lot of interference.

There are about five WiFi networks with the roughly the same name that my landlord has set up some 2.4 GHz and some 5 GHz. I have tried them all.

I have placed my extender at various spots while using a speed testing program, but my WiFi connection is still unreliable.

Should I purchase another extender or is the one I have a good one?

Thanks for any replies.

My computer and extender:
Lenovo H500S
Celeron J1800
4Gb RAM DDR3
W8.1 64 bit
500Gb HD 7200 rpm

Belkin Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender
Model:F9K1106v1

beers

Staff member
in my landlord's unit
Wireless Range Extender
Both of these are killing your performance.
A few other tenants in my building also use my landlord's router, so I'm sure this creates a lot of interference.
Yes, all of your connectivity is impacted by them. The range extender doubles the interference into unusable levels.

Realistically I can only suggest getting your own connection, on your own SSID, with your own airspace (frequency/channel).