Wifi data running up

Mdret

As I have mentioned in a past post..... I have a Verizon wifi box that gives me wifi to my iPod. I have been encountering a problem within the last few months....my data is running up. I used like 800 megabytes in one day. And I wasn't even on it that much. It is a acute signal so I dot believe that my neighbors are getting it. Also.... None of the computers have been on. Only my iPod and as I said it wasn't on that long. What the heck could be running up the data like it is? Thanks

Computers, could be downloading updates while they are off.

Neighbors may be able to connect by coming around your house.

If you are downloading apps, that may the answer, app can add up to a lot.

Videos can do that, if you are watching videos.

What all were you doing on it, more info would help me figure out some more possibilities. My Grandfather has one of those, I used my iPod on it a we were seeing medium amounts of data usage on it, because I was downloading apps, and more.

Mdret

Computers, could be downloading updates while they are off.

Neighbors may be able to connect by coming around your house.

If you are downloading apps, that may the answer, app can add up to a lot.

Videos can do that, if you are watching videos.

What all were you doing on it, more info would help me figure out some more possibilities. My Grandfather has one of those, I used my iPod on it a we were seeing medium amounts of data usage on it, because I was downloading apps, and more.

I have not been downloading any apps. I probly watch about 10 min worth of YouTube a day. I highly doubt my neighbors are doing anything wrong because they are all over 70 years old and as far as I know it requires a passord to get on the connection. I really just look at web pages. I mean.....one of my friends has the same thing and he just keeps his wifi box on all day and uses it quite a bit and never goes near the limit. I always have to make sure mine is turned off all the time when I'm nt using it. That's basically what I do on it.