Wifi Extender or router

Matt2479

Apologies for being indecisive.

The only thing having the router at the other end of the house there will be no way to hide the Ethernet cable.

My mate in IT has the archer c9 next to his isp router modem connected by Ethernet cable and said works well, think I'm just worried I buy the archer c9 and won't give a good wifi signal.

Geoff

VIP Member
Apologies for being indecisive.

The only thing having the router at the other end of the house there will be no way to hide the Ethernet cable.

My mate in IT has the archer c9 next to his isp router modem connected by Ethernet cable and said works well, think I'm just worried I buy the archer c9 and won't give a good wifi signal.
It will be good, and likely a bit better than your ISP router, but it's not going to make that much of a difference as no matter what wireless router you use, the limitation in terms of coverage is down to the RF limitations imposed on them by the FCC, and the ability for the client devices to transmit back.

Intel_man

VIP Member
If you're going to buy another AC router and set your modem to bridge mode, I'd suggest buying an AC router that supports MU-MIMO.