wifi in a HP pavilion g6 laptop

Brutus Blutoski

I just installed Ubuntu 12.10 as my only operating system....everything worked fine but the the wifi just went out.....I'm getting a message that I am disconnected from the internet and there is no wifi signal in the signal indicator, and just a red light on the computer keyboard......

My question is, if the wifi card went bad how do I check it to see if it is bad or why the wifi won't work any longer.....is there a way to dertermine if the card is bad.......

if the card is good, would anyone have an idea as to why i am now disconnected from the internet.....when I first installed Ubuntu the internet came on and had no problems getting on-line, but then it just clicked off while I was on-line and I haven't been able to get back on-line since....

Last edited:

yamser

try go to somewhere there is wifi and try see if it scans there if it picks up wifi then it might be a issue with your wireless router ie you are hiding ssid or something also check for updates , a cheap simple fix is pick up a usb wireless adapter and plug it in it should fix it no problems