Wifi keeps dropping Windows 10 Home

Paul Revere

I've updated all my drivers and I'm up-to-date. I do have this system which drops the connection. I can use either my 2.5Ghz or 5Ghz wifi connection but when one drops, I have to reconnect to the other, switching from 5Ghz to 2.5Ghz and back. I turned off the feature to allow my system to shutoff the adapter to save power through the device manager.

The system hasn't dropped off my Netgear router for a couple hours and the router has the latest firmware. It was received from my ISP (Charter). But under workload, on my system, it seems that drops are common

Now, I realize since Windows 10 started, people have complained about their WIFI dropping and that MSFT haven't fully fixed the issue.

is anyone or has anyone had this issue? and if they fixed it, how?

Many thanks ahead of time

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If this is a laptop, have you tried using it somewhere else that has wifi? If it doesn't cut out then you know it's a router issue which most are.

Darren

Staff member
Might be getting a bit warm too, especially if it's doing at under workload. What laptop is it? Some internal cards just kinda suck too.

beers

Staff member
Do you have any other devices that exhibit this behavior? As per John if you don't get this behavior on a different WLAN then it may be a router related issue.

What laptop and nic is it? You could also do something like boot into an Ubuntu live CD and test, which would tell you if it's a Windows software issue.