Wifi Router Coil Whine

JLuchinski

Is it possible for a router to have coil whine? I can hear this really high pitch noise coming from my router, I read somewhere that a dab of hot glue on the coil can stop this. Would that work?

Agent Smith

Yeah it's a pos anyway, the really crappy thing is with our ISP they won't work with third party routers so I'm stuck with there crappy hardware.

I don't understand. You say this is a third party product and then you say it's theirs? It it is theirs then they are obligated to give you a new router. Do you lease it?

Darren

Staff member
I don't understand. You say this is a third party product and then you say it's theirs? It it is theirs then they are obligated to give you a new router. Do you lease it?

A lot of ISP's do that these days. Charge you $3-5 a month to rent a router/modem combo. AT&T has us do that, and they replaced it no charge when the last one started going bad.

Darren

Staff member
There's still time to go Cox bro
I'm actually going to talk to my Dad about bumping our AT&T speed, was thinking about that yesterday. Pretty sure we can get like.... 18 here now. Maybe even 24!

JLuchinski

We "rent to own" throughout the contract, we can only use the routers they provide, I can't go buy a nice router and bridge it with there's, they use to allow but they don't anymore.

Intel_man

VIP Member
We "rent to own" throughout the contract, we can only use the routers they provide, I can't go buy a nice router and bridge it with there's, they use to allow but they don't anymore.
Which Telus modem do you have? A brief lookaround on their support forums suggests bridge mode still works.