Wikipedia

apj101

VIP Member
It's mostly correct as independent research tests have shown, and the depth to the data is better than any other resource.
The only time it becomes incorrect is when it starts talking about famous people and stuff like that

WikiBan

It's mostly correct as independent research tests have shown, and the depth to the data is better than any other resource.
The only time it becomes incorrect is when it starts talking about famous people and stuff like that

liar

apj101

VIP Member

oh dear, I've been around long enough to see where you are going :)

but ill give you chance to prove your point.
provide me with 5 factually incorrect pieces of info
for each 5 you provide I will provide 500 factually correct pieces.....deal?

tlarkin

VIP Member
Its also wrong with idiots decide to purposely put wrong information. I saw on there once someone had changed George Washington's birth date to like 1980 or something like that.

Thankfully its making some money now via donations and will probably be more moderated and better fact check.

Wikipedia is great resource for technology. Whenever I get confused on something I usually search for it on wikipedia.

Punk

Staff member
APJ is correct, and I think that the more we have people working on a dictionnary, the better in quality it will be.

apj101

VIP Member
yeah, its annoying when jerks do that, but id say it probably 99% accurate and i don't think id be exaggerating with that %

StrangleHold

Staff member
I agree, there pretty much accurate but I would never use them as a single or only source. Sometimes there definitions will be correct but will have a few details screwed up.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I agree, there pretty much accurate but I would never use them as a single or only source. Sometimes there definitions will be correct but will have a few details screwed up.

You should never use any single source period when researching anything. When I was in college doing research papers I sometimes found lots of conflicting facts about certain things. A lot of information out there has a bias to it.

Wikipedia is a great resource though regardless. I find most information accurate.

lion149

If your College/department accepts wiki entries in your bibs, well its prolly wasnt gonna be a great education to begin with...

DirtyD86

banned
ive used it to read about subjects im very knowledgeable about, and i have never seen one error. i love wikipedia, its gotten me through some very long workdays before

brian

VIP Member
he must be a teacher :rolleyes:

Also no, wikipedia is the best site out there for everything, Without it i would know only 1/2 of what i know about computers. And who cares if one or two facts are wrong. so what if we learn them, It does not madder! unless you actually give us proof, we arnt budging

also with the donations they are getting, it is going to be hard to take them down