Will a 350W PSU power this?

Dazzeerr

I'm leaning towards it probably won't, but it's worth a shot.

Core 2 Duo E4400, Geforce 8500GT 256mb, Gigabyte EP43-DS3L and 2GB Corsair 667MHz.

As i said it's a 350W PSU, made by octigen. :confused: Haha, 17A on the 12V+ rail.

Reason i'm asking this is my dad asked me to build him a computer out of my old parts so I am, but he doesn't want to wait for me to RMA the dead OCZ 500W StealthXStream :p

bomberboysk

no

Its stupid to run a computer on a cheap chinese power supply anyhow. Unless of course you like toasting your motherboards, gpu's, and cpu's that is. Never heard of octigen, but it sounds along the lines of most other cheap units(logisys, Codegen, Rosewill, etc)

Last edited:

mx344

If you got rid of the gfx card, you could run it. I wouldnt trust that thing though:) hehe.

Timmeh

dont worry about toasting all your hardware that thing aint even going to get your setup to boot. let alone fry

G25r8cer

^^ To my knowledge psu's cant have a surge. The voltage is regulated internally. They can drop voltage and thats what causes damage.

linkin

VIP Member
Well they can also over-amp and then they shut down to prevent damage i believe. PSU's are fairly safe with surges i think.

And bobmer, I'm getting a Shaw 860W PSU

linkin

VIP Member
Well they can also over-amp and then they shut down to prevent damage i believe. PSU's are fairly safe with surges i think.

And bobmer, I'm getting a Shaw 860W PSU :p

Still an off-brand, but more amps, watts and connectors.

Aastii

VIP Member

And bobmer, I'm getting a Shaw 860W PSU :p

Still an off-brand, but more amps, watts and connectors.

it is about as powerful as a 450W Coolermaster, Corsair, PC Power&Cooling etc PSU though :p

Twist86

it is about as powerful as a 450W Coolermaster, Corsair, PC Power&Cooling etc PSU though :p

Yes but its 860w :p

You just know someone is laughing every time one of those gets sold.

I think the 400w Corsair is 30a and the 450w is 33a (I should know I used them)
Still I wouldn't buy anything but quality on a PSU if that goes it could take every part of your PC with it.