Will a better Microphone be Louder? Suggestions?

Hello everyone! So I was curious if Microphone Volume increases when using different Computer Microphones? I don't need something that is more clear but something that is louder.

I am currently using a Clip on Microphone that sounds Decent for the $3.50 that it cost but I notice that when I play a game and Record it my voice sounds dim/low compared to the Games sound?

I was wondering if buying a different microphone would/could significantly increase my Microphone Volume?

Yes the Microphone Volume is set to 100% and the Boost is set to the Highest on Windows 7 but its still kinda low in my opinion.

For the $.3.50 I paid for this Mic its very decent volume and quality but I would like something Louder. What brand/models can you guys suggest to me? I prefer just a Microphone and not a full headset because I like using my 2.1 Speakers.

However If there is a headset with better Microphone that would allow me to put the headset around my neck and set the Microphone lever up to my house while listening through my 2.1 speakers that would be great!

Not wanting to spend more than $30? No one watches my Youtube videos anyway. I just do it because I am bored.

Thanks!

This is the Microphone I am using now.
20170215_160519.jpg

Agent Smith

I use a Bluetooth ear piece with a Bluetooth USB dongle myself. You might find it louder. No one has complained,err, take that back. I had someone tell me my TV was too load using Skype so the Bluetooth ear piece definitely picks up sound.

Great! I have never thought of that. Is there any Devices you could suggest to me for under $30?
They could be the same ones for Cellphone right? would just need the dongle?

Man this is a wonderful Idea. Thank you very much for suggesting it to me!
So what Ear Piece can you suggest under $30? TBH The cheaper the better. I just game with 4 other friends.

EDIT: Do you have to charge the Ear Piece? or does it use batteries?

EDIT 2: I want to be able to hear through my 2.1 Speakers and just use the Microphone on the Device is this possible?

Last edited:

Agent Smith

So what Ear Piece can you suggest under $30?

Not really sure. When I bought mine I just looked at the reviews on Amazon. But I made the mistake of buying from a seller all the way in freaking China! LOL! So it took a MONTH! to get here. I was so pissed. But just look at reviews and use the fakespot.com website. But you should get a Bluetooth 4.0 model. I think they now have 4.1, but I don't think that IO Gear dongle is 4.1, but they are like USB and will be backwards compatible with Bluetooth profiles.

EDIT: Do you have to charge the Ear Piece? or does it use batteries?

Yes. You get a small USB mini cable that you plug into the computer. The ear piece batteries should last at least 6 to 8 hours on a single charge.

EDIT 2: I want to be able to hear through my 2.1 Speakers and just use the Microphone on the Device is this possible?

That is possible, but your listeners will complain they can hear themselves through your mic or you might get feedback. So now that I think of that, that kinda suxx especially if you have 5.1. You can always go into the voice App you're using and send the voice channel audio to your ear piece and game audio over the speakers with the operating system sound settings. Might take some playing around with. Push to talk might be more appropriate as well instead of VOX. All in all the Bluetooth mic will act just like a standard mic anyway.

I can set up my phone near the window upstairs and use Bluetooth playing Pandora and listen while mowing the lawn. LOL. Although, I could just carry the phone with me as well.

I also have a Teamspeak server and the Teamspeak App for my phone. I connected my two-way radio audio out to my computer that got piped into TS. Then I listened to the audio with my phone and Bluetooth ear piece using the TS App. I was able to test the range of my two-way radios walking around the town. LOL! So Bluetooth and the Apps/technology now a days is awesome. I can even pipe police scanner radio into TS and listen without no one being the wiser. I can even tune the radio remotely though Team Viewer with the Team Viewer App on my phone since the scanner is connected to the computer.