Will "assurance wireless" sim card work in unlocked android phone?

fox64

Greetings,

I signed up for "assurance wireless" , the android phone they sent me has low quality screen and I read their phones come with malware and malicious apps.

I was wondering if it would be possible to just pluck out the "assurance wireless" sim card and put it into a good unlocked android phone? (prehaps a T Mobile Compatible android phone?, I think "assurance wireless" uses T Mobile Compatible android phone?)
Or does the "assurance wireless" sim card block you from doing so?

Does anyone have experience with this specific situation?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That is something you will have to ask your carrier. Some phones will not work on other carriers.

fox64

Yes assurance wireless dose not do BYOD, But I was wondering if there is any way I can unofficially pluck the sim out of the gov phone and put it in to a better phone of the right type.​

or does the assurance wireless sim card know if its in a unlocked phone and ban you from using it?​

I typed in "assurance wireless compatible phones" into google and I think I read something about how it might work if you put it into an unlocked phone of the same compatible network. (In this case "t-mobile" I think)
but I dont know for sure, I don't want to order a unlocked phone just to find it doesn't work.

I was hoping for a slick unofficial way to get the "assurance wireless" sim card into a unlocked phone of my choice ,but I am unsure if this is possible.

("assurance wireless" dose offer better android phones think but they probably have the bloatware and malware as well.)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Assurance wireless isn't a very popular provider. Our forum isn't very busy so you probably won't get an answer here. Sorry.

fox64

@ beers

Sorry , I over explain stuff when I type.
I guess from what you said The assurance sim wont work in another phone (even If unlocked and same carrier)

I will cancel it and buy a regular phone.

A relative of mine has the same service and model of phone.
Sometimes we try to call it from multiple numbers and the calls don't go through ,with no evidence of missed calls ,Plus the mobile data mysteriously turns itself back on even after you turn it off, and unsolicited news articles.

I can see why Assurance wireless isn't very popular lol.
Thats why they won't let you BYOD so you have to use there adwere.

beers

Staff member
Sometimes we try to call it from multiple numbers and the calls don't go through ,with no evidence of missed calls ,Plus the mobile data mysteriously turns itself back on even after you turn it off, and unsolicited news articles.
I've had a few of these issues with MVNOs on my wife's phone, although nobody ever really calls me lol :cool:

Weird you have so many adware and article issues, I'd drop that service like a rock in that situation

StrangleHold

Staff member
I myself knows nothing about Assurance service. But I do know my Daughter had a Assurance phone and put the card in a unlocked LG phone and it booted up and ran fne.