Will better hardware always improve the look of a game? Is there a limit?

Robert P

I started out with an EVGA 8600 GT on Battlefield Bad Company 2. I thought it looked decent. Went to a GTX 460, big difference. I thought that was as good as the game could look.

Recently went to a GTX770 2gb to play Battlefield 4, and I find Bad Company 2 looks even better. Hard to define, but there definitely seems to be more "pow".

Is there a point where a particular hardware setup renders the game as good as it can look?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Bad Company 2 recommended specs were only a 512mb video card. BF4 recommended is a 3gb video card. It all depends on the game and how much it physically requires. The more video ram the better the game will be.

beers

Staff member
Is there a point where a particular hardware setup renders the game as good as it can look?

Drop a couple $k in GPUs and find out ;)

But yes, that's typically when you see the graphics card reviews for a certain game at 'maximum settings'.

fade2green514

smoother, higher settings, higher resolution... the better your hardware is the more flexibility you will have to choose wether you prefer more fps or more quality.

Okedokey

Quality limit will come down to monitor, sound card and the textures implemented in the game. No point dropping 2K on GPUs if you plan on playing BLOPs on 1080p on a TN panel. You will be wasting your time.