Will camera accept bigger SD card than stated?

PC Hobbyist

I have a "Traveler DC 5300" camera from Aldi.
It's a 5 megapixel camera.
The manual says it will take an SD card with up to 512MB.

I was wondering if you can actually go over that or if it simply will not work. I was thinking about getting a 1gb or a 2gb card for it.

Laquer Head

I have a "Traveler DC 5300" camera from Aldi.
It's a 5 megapixel camera.
The manual says it will take an SD card with up to 512MB.

I was wondering if you can actually go over that or if it simply will not work. I was thinking about getting a 1gb or a 2gb card for it.

I'll bet you can use up to a 2GB card!

I'm guessing the camera is a bit older and 1Gb and 2Gb weren't as common at the time the manual was printed.

Go to a shop and ask to have a demo sd chip to test before you buy!

I'll bet that it wont like a 4Gb though!

PC Hobbyist

I'll bet you can use up to a 2GB card!

I'm guessing the camera is a bit older and 1Gb and 2Gb weren't as common at the time the manual was printed.

Go to a shop and ask to have a demo sd chip to test before you buy!

I'll bet that it wont like a 4Gb though!

That's my gut feeling too. However, I read a review online from someone who said they bought a 1gb card and it did not work. I don't know if their problem was with the card or with the camera.

But your idea to test one at a store is good. :) I hadn't thought about that.

Laquer Head

Yeah, get them to let you test it!

If they won't--go to another store--any good shop will have demo cards to test gear!

best luck

Laquer Head

Oh and the camera, if it can take 1 or 2 gb cards still may not like SDHC's or the High Speed ones!

Not sure, but just check that too! Might need to just get a generic SD card rather than a newer high capacity one!!

Just things to keep in mine!! :)

PC Hobbyist

Oh and the camera, if it can take 1 or 2 gb cards still may not like SDHC's or the High Speed ones!

Not sure, but just check that too! Might need to just get a generic SD card rather than a newer high capacity one!!

Just things to keep in mine!! :)
Thanks, yes - I had thought about that too. I am almost certain it would not take an SDHC card.