Will computer monitors become outdated soon?

joeswm8

do you guys think computer monitors as visual output for pcs will become outdated soon? within 2 years? within 5 years? within 3 months?

rhis is important to me as i am creating a website concerning specifically computer monitors and do not want to ecome obsolete in three years granted i stay up to date with the latest monitors

chibicitiberiu

well, maybe yes or maybe not. I think the future monitors will look the same as in the present, but they will be touchscreen instead of input from mouse and keyboard.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Humans rely largely on eyesight ("visual perception" if you wish) as their main sense, and I'm 99% sure monitors will be the norm until the day computers are implanted to our brain/nervous system and can be controlled by thought, which means that you don't have to get stressed over something like this in the following few decades.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Well I wouldn't say that monitors would be removed but I sense that in the near future, LCD will be gone. Instead, it will be the OLED.

prod_sony_oled_lcd1_lg.jpg

cohen

Intel_man

VIP Member
They are out, you can actually buy them, BUT who the hell would buy it because it's only 11" big right now. Then again, the price is amazingly expensive.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Yea they said that by around 2010 (2 years from now) 42" OLED's would be available to the market. They didn't say anything about the price but expect it to be at the price when Plasma TV just came out. I suspect it to cost well into the 10 grand mark.

joeswm8

ok thanksguys. you think OLED's will be in the computer monitors category, or will people not refer to them sepcifically as 'computer monitors' anymore and simply as 'OLEDs' or something? my site relies on people typing in phrases for monitors, specifically the phrase 'computer monitors'

thanks

RRA_Incognito

I don't think that monitors will ever be phased out completely. The monitor's only competitor is 3d goggles, but they're far from perfected at this time.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Floppy drives are supposed to be obsolete a few years ago. I still see them today. Heck, I have a few hundred in a drawer.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Floppy drives are supposed to be obsolete a few years ago. I still see them today.
They are, but some people just can't stop using them... crazy fools :p I still have a stack of empty, unsused floppies and 2 computers that can actually take them.