Will it fit?

kookooshortman55

New Member
Does anyone have an HP Pavillion case? I'm thinking of either putting in an 8800GT or a 9800GTX. Does anyone have one? For those that don't here are some pictures.

This is my current setup.
Final.jpg


This is the HP with stock hardware, but it shows a better viewing angle.
Top.jpg
 
I was worried about the card hitting the 3.5" drive bay if it were the GTX. I don't think length is a problem though.
 
Last edited:
Will it fit?
...
Will what fit? ...oh, that's right... a video card!:P

How much money do you have to spend? The 4850 is probably a stretch for your budget, but it's just FRIGGEN ORESUM!!!!! Also, it's single-slot cooled and generally fairly small, so size wouldn't be a concern here... I know, I sound a bit fanboyish, but seriosly if you can afford a 4850 then go for it, it's one of the bestestest performing cards for the money currently out there.

If my above suggestion is a no-go, I wouldn't worry about the size anyway, a tiny bit of no-skill modding and you'll have the drive bay safely and securely placed somewhere out of the way.
 
looks like you should be able to wedge a 9800 GTX in there. There looks like a gap between the top bay and bottom bay. Like hackapelite said...with a little modding you can make almost anything fit:D you can get an XFX 9800 GTX right now for $190 from Newegg....thats a great deal! And....it even comes with a game

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150287

You might want to save up a few bucks and do a RAM upgrade also....here is a nice kit for $45, some OCZ gold edition 2 GB...and it has a $25 mail in rebate....all that for only $20!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227124

Just an idea
 
Last edited:
looks like you should be able to wedge a 9800 GTX in there. There looks like a gap between the top bay and bottom bay. Like hackapelite said...with a little modding you can make almost anything fit:D

Agreed. Whoever designed that either left a space there by accident, or knew video cards would be larger :cool:
 
Haha yeah I guess I lucked out on that. Well I just decided that although my budget was restricted to the 8800GT, I realized that it would only last me about a year, I would have to buy something better. I just bought an 8600GT and I can't afford to jump the gun every time a new card comes out. I'll gladly consider the 4850 if you would think it would last me about 2 years, or performs better than the 9800GTX. I also only have a 500W PSU with 2 16A 12V rails. I was looking at the XFX 9800GTX Black Edition and the XXX Edition. I think that's as much as my PSU will tolerate. Any other ideas?
 
Oh and as of now, I have 3GB of DDR2 PC2-5300 RAM (667MHz). If anything I'll look for 2x2GB sticks. My mobo can only support up to DDR2 PC2-6400 so I don't know if it would be that much of an upgrade. As of now the 9800GTX is way over my budget, but I really need the performance. I'm playing Bioshock, I can't even max out a game that was made last year, what about the upcoming years? Haha
 
Back
Top