Will it work?

m0nkeh`

Making a "decent" desktop comp...as a 2ndary comp...

Was wondering if this would run the following games... ((CS//CS:S//CoD2//WoW//BF2148or w/e the new yr is...lol))

ASUS A8N SLI PREM Mobo ((got already))
XFX Geforce 7900GT 256MB
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB)
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 San Diego 2.6GHz
Home Edition OS
120GB Seagate 7200RMS HD ((got already))
CDROM ((got already))

and i already got a case... but for the items i DONT HAVE itll cost... 751 bucks...

would this comp be able to play those games...? ((am i missing any items? lol))

PC eye

banned
The following hardwares will run them. I don't see why you should have much of a problem there.

Asus A8N SLI
MSI Radeon X1300 Pro 256mb
Kingston Value Ram 2x1gb DDR400 PC3200
AMD64 3500+ 2.2ghz Venice
XP Home
2x250gb WD ide
Sony 52x24x52 cd writer
Sony DRU530 dvd burner
Antec TP II 480w supply

m0nkeh`

so if i just go 2 Gigs, I should be fine? lol..

and was wondering if the 7600 GT XXX would be better than the card i listed? and with the money change, i could change to 2.8 instead od 2.6 proc....?

SirKenin

banned
It will run fine on 1 Gig. Only a couple of games need 2. Umm. I would sell that mobo and get a C2D and board. It will smoke that combo. You'll love it.

Jet

VIP Member
Making a "decent" desktop comp...as a 2ndary comp...

Was wondering if this would run the following games... ((CS//CS:S//CoD2//WoW//BF2148or w/e the new yr is...lol))

ASUS A8N SLI PREM Mobo ((got already))
XFX Geforce 7900GT 256MB
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB)
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 San Diego 2.6GHz
Home Edition OS
120GB Seagate 7200RMS HD ((got already))
CDROM ((got already))

and i already got a case... but for the items i DONT HAVE itll cost... 751 bucks...

would this comp be able to play those games...? ((am i missing any items? lol))

If you want to stick with AMD, don't get an FX-55, get an X2 4800+ or so. Could you post links to each individual component?

Dr Studly

banned
to answer ur quesition... YES, it will work... even tho to everyone's setup there are about a million things u can do... all depending on ur point of view..

PC eye

banned
It will run fine on 1 Gig. Only a couple of games need 2. Umm. I would sell that mobo and get a C2D and board. It will smoke that combo. You'll love it.

The usual rubbish heard again. :rolleyes: The FX60 would work out on that model board quite well. Later a move to an AM2 model and DDR2 800 sounds better. The 4800+ X2 is at a far better price at the moment however. A good review on the ATI X1950XTX seen at http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/hardware/1658_1.html has some worried apparently. :p

SirKenin

banned
Yeah, and the usual bullshit from you. A Core2Duo and mobo like I suggested will rip the FX60 to shreds for less money.

Moving to an AM2 model? So make him spend MORE money? For less performance? Get your head out of your ass.

m0nkeh`

see...im making 2 comps...this is the cheaper smaller one...using the AMD...

then im making another with the core 2 duo and a 7950geforce and 2gigs corsair xms...etc...at about 2Kdollars....

but im making this cheaper one for now....trying to find UNDER 800 with the mobo/HD/case/cdrom that i have....ya kno?

baballin328

IMO You should get an Opty 165 and Oc the hell out of it (they can hit ~3.0GHZ with a good stepping). They're only $160 now on newegg. Just have to wait for it to go back in stock :p

SirKenin

banned
see...im making 2 comps...this is the cheaper smaller one...using the AMD...

then im making another with the core 2 duo and a 7950geforce and 2gigs corsair xms...etc...at about 2Kdollars....

but im making this cheaper one for now....trying to find UNDER 800 with the mobo/HD/case/cdrom that i have....ya kno?

Ok, well don't bother with the FX60. It is overpriced and it gets spanked around by just about everything in it's class. I sure would go for an Opteron over an FX.

PC eye

banned
IMO You should get an Opty 165 and Oc the hell out of it (they can hit ~3.0GHZ with a good stepping). They're only $160 now on newegg. Just have to wait for it to go back in stock :p

Now here's someone that knows how to talk my language. You'll have to excuse someone else there. It's still down to choice of the FX60 or Opteron 185 for the system here. But then there's always the wait for the AMD Quad core that will make a C2 look like...... you know what. :D

SirKenin

banned
The AMD Quad Core isn't going to make anything look like anything. The Intel Quad Core will be out by then. AMD had their day in the spotlight, and it's come and gone. Benchmarks appear to be showing that the quad core performance really isn't much more than a C2D, so as usual he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The FX60 is overpriced for what you get and shouldn't even be a consideration. That Opteron is an amazing CPU m0nkeh. I've worked with a few of them. My hope is to put a couple of them in my server. Grab one of those.

He says baballin328 is talking his language, but he's the only one sounding like a moron, so I'm not exactly sure where he's coming from. :evil grin:

EDIT:

FX60! FX60!! FX60!!!

Oh, did somebody just say Opteron?

FX60 and Opteron!! FX60 and Opteron!!!

bwahaha

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
FX60! FX60!! FX60!!!

Oh, did somebody just say Opteron?

FX60 and Opteron!! FX60 and Opteron!!!

bwahaha

Gee is someone finally learning how to read for once? :confused: :rolleyes: typical speiling dribble as usual.

Not a bad selection there. Kingston HyperX is great memory.

Kinston is one of the favored brands for Asus boards. Corsair, Crucial, and Mushkin with Corsair xms leading are also good choices.

m0nkeh`

thx holy...lol i didnt look into the dualcore cause i thought they woulda been more...not 20more for a dual core...lol

so yea, chaned to that proc..

and what about this card? its ALOT cheaper than the 7900GT...and its sumwhat faster...only thing thats LOWER is the pixelpiping..

XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX Edition

and for the price...i could SLi it like after christmas...itlll be even cheaper ya kno?

$650

Last edited: