Will my memory work with this MoBo??

Systemat1c

Last edited:

Systemat1c

You shouldn't have issues with any ram in that board.
Whats wrong with staying with G.skill?
Item=N82E16820231438[/url]

I'm keeping my G.skill Sniper RAM out of my 880GM-LE, and putting it in the new board I'm getting, and then I'm adding 8GB more of the Sniper RAM I have, I absolutely love G.skill, great price/perf Value!

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: Would my Sniper RAM also work with this board?? http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A88M/#MSL

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, shoudn't have any issues with it. Again, it doesn't have to be on the QVL to work with your board.

claptonman

Just wondering, but what are you using this computer for? I don't want to tell you how to use your money, but 8GB is enough for gaming and everyday use. You wouldn't see any performance boost at all with 8GB more. Just to let you know.

Systemat1c

Just wondering, but what are you using this computer for? I don't want to tell you how to use your money, but 8GB is enough for gaming and everyday use. You wouldn't see any performance boost at all with 8GB more. Just to let you know.

I do A LOT of photoshop, CAD, and FL Studio (music making). I also do gaming, not hardcore gaming, but I mainly use it for FL Studio.

claptonman

I do A LOT of photoshop, CAD, and FL Studio (music making). I also do gaming, not hardcore gaming, but I mainly use it for FL Studio.

All right, then. You'll benefit from that RAM with Photoshop and CAD.

Have you tried overclocking your CPU? That can give you some better performance, too.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of older motherboards won't work with high density memory. I can't be for sure if it will work or not. If it was a newer motherboard I would say it would work with no issues.

cabinfever1977

for your board:
4 x DIMM, max. 4GB, DDR 400 / 333 / 266, ECC, non-ECC, un-buffered memory
Dual Channel Architecture

and i checked a list of suported boards for that high density ram and the closest number i saw on the list was K8M800 and your board is K8M890,so it is close and i think it will work,but im just quessing.

but if it was me,i would have spent a few extra bucks and got low density just to make sure.

Jamebonds1

As former owner of motherboard socket 939. This motherboard can only support up to 400 MHz RAM and 4 GB RAM with 64 bit windows OS. So yeah, both motherboard and RAM will work at no problem. And you would better off buy DDR 400 MHz from different website

Just curious, why would you want to buy oldest motherboard socket 939 when you can buy motherboard AM3+ for less than 150 dollar?

Pell

?

Thank You guys i also have another question

will this PC work with windows 7 x64?

Stats:
CPU 2.2ghz single core
1gb ram (if the ram works 3gb)
geforce 8400 GS
200gb hard drive

Thanks i just would like to use windows 7 over xp although xp is good. Also i just checked inside the pc and looked at the ram it is low density i am having second thought on this ram :( i dont think it will work with high density ram. Bummer :( Thanks for the help guys please answer my question above if you know :) cheers

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You may have an issue running it with a single core processor and only 1gb of ram. I really wouldn't chance it. What processor are you actually running?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not only will you have to be concerned about the ram running high denisity with low density, but also you will have to concerned with driver compatibility as you are running a motherboard that is outdated. It might not have good windows 7 drivers. I did notice that it had vista drivers though.