Jamebonds1

Thank You guys i also have another question

will this PC work with windows 7 x64?

Stats:
CPU 2.2ghz single core
1gb ram (if the ram works 3gb)
geforce 8400 GS
200gb hard drive

Thanks i just would like to use windows 7 over xp although xp is good. Also i just checked inside the pc and looked at the ram it is low density i am having second thought on this ram :( i dont think it will work with high density ram. Bummer :( Thanks for the help guys please answer my question above if you know :) cheers

No, it is not. WIndows 64 bit need 4 GB or over. Plus WIndows 7 64 bit will be very slowest on your CPU.

claptonman

No, it is not. WIndows 64 bit need 4 GB or over. Plus WIndows 7 64 bit will be very slowest on your CPU.

If the CPU supports 64-bit, then it will run it the same as 32-bit. 64-bit does not *need* 4gb of RAM or more. It's just that 32-bit cannot address more than 3.25gb of RAM. John was saying it was doubtful because win7 is a lot more resource intense than XP, which a single core and 1gb can run it easily.

Pell, if your motherboard cannot support over 4gb or you never want to get that much, 32-bit will work the same as 64-bit. Like John said, driver issues might be a problem since its an old board. The vista drivers might work on win7, but its doubtful

Pell

:D thanks but i was more on the lines of will the ram work with the motherboard? cheers though! But idk if the cpu will support 32 bit windows 7?

AlienMenace

That motherboard "ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX" you are thinking to buy will not have 3.0 USB's ports, it just have the 2.0's. I just built a computer with that board for a friend of mine. It over-clock's nicely. I mated it with the "AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HD96ZTWFGRBOX". And unlocked the 2 disabled cores in it. It is now with 6 cores instead of the 4.

Jamebonds1

That motherboard "ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX" you are thinking to buy will not have 3.0 USB's ports, it just have the 2.0's. I just built a computer with that board for a friend of mine. It over-clock's nicely. I mated it with the "AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HD96ZTWFGRBOX". And unlocked the 2 disabled cores in it. It is now with 6 cores instead of the 4.

USB3 and USB2 didn't matter. All i need is jump drive USB for homework, but i like fastest data transfer haha. Anyway. USB 3.0 isn't that important because of video, picture, business and data transfer. It didn't matter. What is most matter to me is over 20 MB per sec data transfer.

ARVI

Yes, that memory is 100% compatible with that motherboard but you will need to use a 64bit OS to use the full 8GB
(Dual Channel is only supported when the system is configured with DDR3 symmetric memory)

FuryRosewood

you can run 64 bit windows on 1 gig of ram...would you like to, from personal experience...hell no, you will be paging out of the box...if your less than 4 gigs of ram, there is no point to running 64 bit windows, if you have 4 at the very minimum...and thats honestly a swing either way, you should run 64 bit...but just the overhead of 64 bit with it precaching ram and such, id stick with 32 bit for anything 4 gigs and below, and if you have significantly more ram than four, by all means grab 64 bit. 64 bit does NOT mean its faster, just means you can address more memory

Jamebonds1

you can run 64 bit windows on 1 gig of ram...would you like to, from personal experience...hell no, you will be paging out of the box...if your less than 4 gigs of ram, there is no point to running 64 bit windows, if you have 4 at the very minimum...and thats honestly a swing either way, you should run 64 bit...but just the overhead of 64 bit with it precaching ram and such, id stick with 32 bit for anything 4 gigs and below, and if you have significantly more ram than four, by all means grab 64 bit. 64 bit does NOT mean its faster, just means you can address more memory

Okay. You're right that you can have over 4 GB on 64 bit, but you are wrong one thing. You can't running 64 bit on under 2 GB RAM.

Take look here. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/system-requirements

claptonman