Will These Parts Work Together?

thealmightyone

It all works with each other.

You'll have to disable the onboard video in the BIOS to get the video card working.

Don't forget the Operating System (unless you have one already to use).

PurePwnage

It all works with each other.

You'll have to disable the onboard video in the BIOS to get the video card working.

Don't forget the Operating System (unless you have one already to use).

Sounds good, and yeah, I have OS.

Disabling onboard video..that'll be difficult. Got instructions?

Boot the PC and enter the Setup menu to access the BIOS typically by pressing [F1] or [Del]. Go to the 'Advanced Features’ page and select to 'Disable Onboard VGA’. The wording and location may vary according to your BIOS, but you should be able to find it. Press [F10] to save changes to the BIOS and exit. Your PC should now boot recognising your new graphics card and prompt you to install the new drivers for it in Windows.

Yes?

Yeah, it's easy to disable the onboard video, but make sure that you're video card is working before you disable onboard video. THe instructions you posted should do the trick.

Buy-it PC

Sounds good, and yeah, I have OS.

Disabling onboard video..that'll be difficult. Got instructions?

Yes?

In some cases, you don't need to disable video adapters on the MB. Just plug the video card into the PCI-X slot, and attach the video cable to it, you should get a video... you can disable the video adapter in the BIOS - but basically you won't need to do that!

The board should detect the video once you place it into the slot.

My 2 cents!