Will This Work Well, And Do I Need All Of It

swizz182g

Hi
I am building a new pc system for my graphics design company because i dont have enough money right now to buy a mac. I need to know if all of these specs are good and if there are any suggestions for my system.

Asus P5W-DH Motherboard w/ Intel 975 Chipset
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz
320 GB Hard Drive From Seagate
2 Gb DDR2 PC5400 (667 MHz) Ram From Mushkin or Kingston
ATI X1950 256 Mb
22 Inch Screen From Samsung
1 IDE DVD-RW Drive From Lite-On
1 IDE DVD-ROM Drive From Lite-On
500 Watt Power Supply
Windows Vista

I Think That this will work, but ill have to admit that im a little out of touch when it comes to high end gaming type systems like this one

Thanks For Responding

swizz182g

Advice

The reason why i got that graphics card is because, in order to push the moniter that i have i had to get a ati 1900 or better or nvidia 7900 gs or better

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I think the new Mini's have Intel integrated graphics ;) But yeah, those cards are meant more for gamming. A lower 7300 or something would probably be just fine for basic graphics.

Probably one of the best cards I had for Poser(when I played with it) was my 6200TC. It had much better OpenGL support than my current 7600GT. Plus, I don't know what you plan to do, but I've run out of physical RAM before I hit a limitation of my video card ;) That's 2D and 3D...

swizz182g

I plan on working with 3d graphics in poser as well as flash animations photoshop and dreamweaver, and thats pretty much the meat of my software usage