Will you always be a gamer?

Will you always be a gamer?

• Yes, I will be gaming till the day I die

Votes: 102 77.9%
  • No, I will probably grow out of gaming

Votes: 29 22.1%

• Total voters

ellanky

I guess it depends, if I have spare time or nothing to do, sure.. i'll play or if a good game comes out

I would vote it there was an option for something like "maybe, maybe not depending on how my life goes". I like to play games, but I don't want to as a profession.

m0nk3ys1ms

I would vote it there was an option for something like "maybe, maybe not depending on how my life goes". I like to play games, but I don't want to as a profession.

How could you not want to be pro? Think about it, you make money playing games, sitting on your ass 18-hours a day,lol! It would be AWESOME!

CPTMuller

How could you not want to be pro? Think about it, you make money playing games, sitting on your ass 18-hours a day,lol! It would be AWESOME!

heh-only if you have some pretty rocking sponsors....
Personally I think I will always game, but the levels of gameplay will drop off.... Summers (highschool currently starting college next semester :cool:) I play a TON of video games, host and attend lan parties get re-addicted to WOW 'n all that good stuff. When it really gets rough at school thoughone week ill play like 2 minutes on a flash game and the next like 20 hours of COD4... I dunno though I finally kicked my WoW addiction :D so hopefully I can remain my commitment to gaming with some real games!

CPTMuller

There are a number of ways depending on the game. In something like CS 1.6, you have to make a name for yourself in the Cal Leagues... For something like WoW you have to make a name for yourself on BG9, or the Tourney realm... There are some lan centers that sponsor teams (Howies Game Shack for example).

Interested

whoa. to all of the people older than 30 still playing video games, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?????!!??!?!?!?

Games = For Kids.

ok, i understand if your a teenager or in ur 20's, but come on, why would you play games at 50? do you have no life?

anyway, i probably wont be a gamer for ever, probably until i am in college, i think in college it's time to stop.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Games aren't only for kids. GTA 4 is a great example. That game definitely isn't for kids...even though I know kids are playing the game.

JlCollins005

"whoa. to all of the people older than 30 still playing video games, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?????!!??!?!?!?

Games = For Kids.

ok, i understand if your a teenager or in ur 20's, but come on, why would you play games at 50? do you have no life?"

Interested how do u get off saying that.. Games arent for ne specific age.. and i myself have many uncles that do even my grandpa plays pc games. ur only 13 but once u get up in age as my GPa tells me u tend to have more free time on ur hands, and u cant do stuff that u could when u were younger.. but i have like 4 uncles that play CSS and one that plays halo 3, shoot even my buddies dad joins us on halo 3 sometimes..

tlarkin

VIP Member
Got GTA4. Played it for like 4 hours the first day and now maybe I play it an hour or two per a session because it feels real repetitive just like GTA1 back in the day but in 3D with an upgraded engine.

I guess I am just way less impressed with games today.

wilkila

I'll grow out of gaming, Just like my dad and everyone before him lol... I probably will mature so I will find something else more satisfying.

i agree
i love gaming more than anybody but its just not the same
ppl may say they are always going to be gemers but we all used to say that girls were juky and know we want them
so no matter wat u say ur opinions and hobbies are going to change

Steelshivan

I used to be a big gamer, now I don't game at all really. I have no consoles of my own and only occasionally play xbox 360 at friend's places. I am 26 now and my lack of gaming has nothing to do with any outside influences like work, women, friends, etc. Only from lack of interest. Sure, games can be fun...but they just don't seem that great anymore.

For anyone where this applies: this "phenomenon" is very similar to when you turn 21 and can drink legally. At first you are a crazy bastard, partying it up. As time goes by though, it becomes not nearly as much fun as it once was. I still drink and party, but not near as much as I used to. Then again, I was fairly notorious for being able to consume way too much alcohol in short amounts of time. Lol I passed out before parties were even halfway over countless times.