Will you always be a gamer?

• Yes, I will be gaming till the day I die

Votes: 102 77.9%
  • No, I will probably grow out of gaming

Votes: 29 22.1%

• Total voters

Justin

VIP Member
gaming is a hobby so i will always be a gamer. i stopped playing a few times before but i eventually missed it.

one reason why i stopped before was because my ps2 blew up. when i missed playing games, i bought this cheap pc i'm using now and is better than my ps2.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I personally do not play games very often anymore. I used to play games every second that I had the chance. Over the years I've found myself playing less and less. I have actually taking the time to think about this topic many times over the past year or so. I wondered if maybe games were becoming to cookie cutter and repetitive. I now feel that maybe it is just something that I'm growing out of.

On the flip side. You really start to miss something when you have no time for it. My wife and I had twin baby girls on December the 26th of 07. I no longer have time to play games period. I hardly get the chance to get on my PC even.

Geoff

VIP Member
I sold my computer so now I'm using a $399 Acer laptop :)

I'm hoping I'll quit gaming and get on to bigger and better things.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Just bought rainbow six vegas 2, and its pretty bad ass. I got it for the xbox 360 as it feels and plays like a platform game to me. I've never really thought of any of the Tom Clancy games as PC games, they all seem like platform games to me, so I buy them for whatever platform I have.

Other than that, I occasionally still play CSS, but only the gun game mod, regular play is boring and people are dumb online. I am waiting for starcraft 2 and Fallout 3. Not even excited about GTA 4, it just seems like yet another rehash of what I have already played a million times before.

I am definitely a casual gamer now, and would never pick up a MMO or anything that required me to put in hours/week to play it and keep up with everyone.

On the flip side, I think I may go out and buy a new shotgun here pretty soon, the Tactical 500 is way fun in RSV2, I can only imagine its 10 times more fun to shoot in real life.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I'm saying No, I will grow out of it, as the process has already begun

I got rainbow six vegas 2, and this kid I was playing on xbox live with, was like you only got 4 games? He was browsing my catalog of games via my gamer profile on xbox live. I laughed, and was like, yeah I am a casual gamer now.

I am still into gaming, but half the games that come out are nothing new under the sun and the other half are crap or just not innovative or interesting enough to keep me playing. I got to the very end of a lot of games in the past few years and never finished them because I just got really bored towards the end.

Ambushed

I am currently at the stage when I'm growing out of playing games and immaturity behavior due to myself starting my first semester at uni.

rts_conrad

I'll probably keep gaming for my whole life, but probably not as much as I do at the moment. But games are declining per year althought every once in a while a gaming publisher comes out with a new game and redifines it. I remember playing RA2 when I was about 7 and then I was in love with the C&C games. But gamers should make their own game, and to quote Jeremy from Pure Pwnage it'll be called, the only games on the shelf that doesn't lick my balls.

m0nk3ys1ms

I got rainbow six vegas 2, and this kid I was playing on xbox live with, was like you only got 4 games? He was browsing my catalog of games via my gamer profile on xbox live. I laughed, and was like, yeah I am a casual gamer now.

I am still into gaming, but half the games that come out are nothing new under the sun and the other half are crap or just not innovative or interesting enough to keep me playing. I got to the very end of a lot of games in the past few years and never finished them because I just got really bored towards the end.

Yo, add me on Xbox Live and we'll play some Vegas 2. My gamertag is m0nk3ys1ms.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Yo, add me on Xbox Live and we'll play some Vegas 2. My gamertag is m0nk3ys1ms.

OK, will do, I am trying to max out my assault points now, which seem to be the hardest to get. Though, I did notice that after the 2nd day the game was released there were already people running around max rank and maxed out on their ACES....Hmm, I think there is an exploit to max all your ranks out. However, I'd rather just earn it, makes it more fun that way.

I've beat the game on relaistic already, and am really wanting them to add in the 6 player option. Doing, 6 player co-op would rock.

m0nk3ys1ms

OK, will do, I am trying to max out my assault points now, which seem to be the hardest to get. Though, I did notice that after the 2nd day the game was released there were already people running around max rank and maxed out on their ACES....Hmm, I think there is an exploit to max all your ranks out. However, I'd rather just earn it, makes it more fun that way.

I've beat the game on relaistic already, and am really wanting them to add in the 6 player option. Doing, 6 player co-op would rock.

Yea, a lot of people are just boosting their ranks, but I'm proud to be doing it slowly, but legit. Microsoft is going to start erasing peoples gamerscores who cheat to 0, and not let them earn any of their previous achievements back. They're also going to put that they're a cheater on their gamercards, lol. I'm level 20 marksman, level 19 CQB, and like level 14 assault. I beat the campaign on realistic too.

wellhellothere

As long as the games keep coming! I thought it would never get better than Medal Of Honor Allied Assault in 2002, and look at things now!

N3crosis

Well, once I get my gaming rig in December (such a long way away :( ) then I will be a heavier gamer, but as of now I usually play games a lot. I will always be one. Salute fellow gamers!