Will you guys help me decide on a laptop for my sister for christmas

marinerules

, Several years ago , I visited this forum andpeople were very helpful picking me out a pc for my needs and it was A GREAT COMPUTER

I dont want state of the art laptop but I would like to have a nice one and that is solid, I hate how some of them are so flimsy and feel like you could just twist the screen into a twizzler lol

She will be wanting it for watching movies, just surfing the web, songs, videos for her ipod touch , Itunes, and occasional maybe future external blu ray burner and player

can you guys give me some suggestions

wal mart has some that arent bad priced, but I never know if im getting a pc that has already been out for 4 years or not

. I heard that hp is coming out with some cheap $400 laptops this mo nth,

would these work for what Im asking ??

Thanks guys for any help you can put forward

DrkS1de0fTh3Moon

Netbooks. Research netbooks and you will find a great one. I recommend the MSI, you may run Mac or Windows on this netbook. Lifes all about choices!

daisymtc

$400 for laptop is a bit low.
If she want to watch movie, netbook would not be a good option as their screen too small.
Have a look at this Toshiba, compare the spec when the HP you mentioned is out.
Anyway, there is 2 month till chrismas, and the hardware price would usually drop. Just keep shopping around.

techdude

Checkout NewEgg. They have some pretty good laptop deals running right now.

Netbooks can be good, but it depends on if she will be alright with the 10" screen and tiny keyboard.