Win 7 V.S Win Vista

pokaitsao

I was wondering if anyone has seen any deals on upgrading from vista to win 7? It sucks I have only had vista for just about a year. Bill Gates = hustler

I believe from this site you could order your upgrade "http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade.aspx".

Right now I am using win 7 pro on my laptop at home, I have noticed something when you run a program as an adminstrator, a blank screen come up for about 5 sec then it comes back to normal. Has anyone got this problem or is it only myself? :D

kimsland

Only yourself ;)
If you decide to get Windows 7 when it comes out, you will need to re-install clean anyway; then check if it still happens

E Money

I had windows XP but it didnt recognize my 6 GBs. I have win 7 RC and dont plan on switching unless they config XP some.

Windows 7 is pretty nice in my opinion though

aviation_man

Win7 is definitely a step up from Vista and obviously, XP. But every OS has it's cons.
I would definitely recommend Win7. It's well worth the money.

gamblingman

VIP Member
W7, If not now then when

I've used Vista, XP, and 2000, 98 & 95, also 3.1 and 3.0, and before all that I was on MSDOS using "C:\>"

I'm looking forward to a new OS because of better: hardware choices, speed and security. Face it, XP is becoming outdated. It was great in its time but its getting old.

Come-on people, 95 was great. But you changed from that didn't you? No matter how great XP may be, or how awful W7 may be; W7 is what's coming. How about embracing the new OS and getting used to it, shortcomings and all.

The change is going to happen, like it or not. And if you dont want to change, eventually you'll be left behind. Just like all those businesses who are STILL on 95. They cant find help for their systems and nothing runs faster than a turtles pace. Do you want to be them?

I like XP but I'll have to change, and I think W7 will be the best one yet. With MS working with so many people on the outside, its bound to be better. If anything we should applaud what MS doing! They have opened their doors to outsiders so that they can have a better product. Not many companies in the world are willing to do that.

aviation_man

I like XP but I'll have to change, and I think W7 will be the best one yet. With MS working with so many people on the outside, its bound to be better. If anything we should applaud what MS doing! They have opened their doors to outsiders so that they can have a better product. Not many companies in the world are willing to do that.

I agree. And besides, it benefits them a LOT by having public beta-testers. It's volunteer work that's extremely beneficial to them.
I can see why companies don't want to learn a new OS, but it is faster, more secure than XP, it's also more user friendly etc... And I can also see why they don't want to upgrade is because they believe another BETTER OS will come out a two years or so later... W7 came out as early as it did cause it was built off of Vista's core, and they wanted to RID Vista (for obvious reasons)
I've been doing research and Windows 8 is expected in 2012.

kimsland

Look I'll be honest and tell you why I still stick with XP
Its because I know what's happening, Of the 65000 system files I really believe I've got it down packed
I know where all the temp files; Tracks; Logs; Registry entries; System Files; are
I know the security and what comes in and goes out
I know all the Patches; Services; Tasks; Autoruns; you name it

But when it comes to Windows 7, what are we going to find out in 6 months time?
What loopholes and doorways (or windows) is there that MS and others can keep track of you?
What happened to privacy in whole? (Note: This question only for older members who understand)

Windows 7 does sound good, and is stated to be more secure etc etc etc
But I just might wait a few months, just in case ;)

gamblingman

VIP Member
W7

I feel ya on that though. I will definitely wait to get it, probably once the W7-SP1 comes out.

But I'm already working to understand the OS and its ins-and-outs. I dont want to switch to something that I dont know how to run. It will be a pain in the rear, especially since I'm switching from XP to W7. I've used Vista some, mainly on my fiancee's computer, I hate it, but I'm trying to get used to the way it works.

I especially hate that they got rid of classic view on W7. Why on earth would they do that! Too simple I guess, in that case why dont they dressup MS-Paint too! That program is so annoying.

harley1020

Yer Windows Seven Is Ok I Dual Boot It With Ubuntu And Vista Yer Its Even Fast On A 10 G HDD But I Prefer To USe A 90 The Only Prob Is That It Stuffs Up If U DOnt Have A Password

footballstevo75

I'm going to get a copy for $30 with my university email! Can't wait until October 22nd.
I've already got a free copy through my university! Lol.

But yeah I seem to like it more, I didn't have too many problems with Vista but I really like the OS X like dock they have now.