Win 7 x64 or x86?

canivari

Anyways, if anyone reads this thread, rest assured that it is BS. If you have a chipset like 945 that limits you to 4GB total addressable memory - then no kernel patch in this world will change that.

Yes,of course not.
The question here was if the MMIO will eat x number of mega bytes (and not one entire GB like is OS is eating at the moment..)will the patch be able to unlock the rest of the 4GB installed RAM and the awnser to that is yes.
I dont know if you allready know how the X36 Archtitecture works or not but he doesnt limit you to the 4096MB of RAm (less the MMIO of course) like X86 architecture and that was the conversation here.
I also now that there isnt nothing in sofware that you can do to change the architecture of the hardware but there is patches to be applied in X86 Software that doesnt limit you RAM to the 4096MB of adressable RAM.
So in this case adamussg, have 4GB ram with Intel's 945 chipset (that cant manage more than those 4GB) but is X86 OS is only adressing 3 GB of adressable RAM) and that isnt because of the MMIO only (because MMIO only eat a few megabytes).
I can ensure you (you can see in the printscreent that i took to my desktop) that more RAM can be adressed (and you can see that te MMIO is present there too because only can manage up to 7.85GB of the 8GB that i have installed).
I also know that is impossible to adress the entire RAM in any system (no mather what kind of chipset you have)but it can unlock the rest of it by using X36 architectures.
And by the way,this modified Kernel uses PAE but not only, because it uses bypasses in the KERNEL it self so the OS dont block the RAM to be used.

Last edited:

tyttebøvs

I am not going into a debate here with you, because I don't think I can explain it to you. Btw, there is no architecture called x36.

canivari

I am not going into a debate here with you, because I don't think I can explain it to you. Btw, there is no architecture called x36.

You know the meaning of X86 or X64 dont you? them read and learn something new:

36Bits or X36:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension

Someone told me one day if you dont know what someone is saying the best thing is make a research around it first before calling that person a liar....

Last edited:

canivari

Windows VISTA and Windows 7 can work along with 36Bits extension but microsoft decided to lock the kernel to those +-3GB..
And the modified kernels that you can donwload for these OSs dont lock the OS to that.
Just think, If a Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 can use 128GB running in a 32Bits environment why cant a VISTA 32Bits or a WIN7 32Bits?
The XP cant,but thats because XP Kernel really doesnt know how to manage more than 4096MB (or manage 36Bits extensions..whatever) of Adressable RAM but VISTA and WIN7 can but they were locked...

Last edited:

tyttebøvs

The architecture is called x86. In there you have different addressing modes. One of them is PAE.

You don't understand what I say. You cannot unlock something that is limited by the hardware.

There is no such thing as a 3GB limitation. I have no idea where you got that from. There is a 4GB limitation.

canivari

no.... my windows 7 32 bit says 4GB (3.00 GB usable)

The architecture is called x86. In there you have different addressing modes. One of them is PAE.

You don't understand what I say. You cannot unlock something that is limited by the hardware.

There is no such thing as a 3GB limitation. I have no idea where you got that from. There is a 4GB limitation.

You need to turn the pages in the threads you know and actually read them..
Well about X86 existing and X36 not...well thats only because you dont know how it works and even with profs of existing you still just dont believe..
Thats your problem in not admiting that they actually exist (for a long time now..)and they can be used in OSs...
Too bad you are like that,if i was in a situation like you are at the moment i just tell the person that i never heard about it and would like to know more because thats life..we are always learning new stuff with other people.

tyttebøvs

You really remind me of him.

About the 3GB he sees... What did I tell you earlier about MMIO? When you add that, you find yourself at 4GB ------- the magical limitation we're talking about.

Anyways, I am out :)

canivari

You really remind me of him.

About the 3GB he sees... What did I tell you earlier about MMIO? When you add that, you find yourself at 4GB ------- the magical limitation we're talking about.

Anyways, I am out :)

Well you reminded me my Ex. (stubborn as ass..)but i didnt want to tell you that either...:D
All good