Win Xp Reinstall Gone Bad

JordanHus

Hi, Im new here so bear with me.

Ive recently purchased a ne motherborad (MSI KT6V) and after i finally got the Cmos setttings right, i would go to boot my win xp home disc, after i get into the setup, i can see all the stuff loading at the bottom, as soon at it get's to "Windows Starting Up" my computer totally shuts off and i have to unplug the power to my power supply to restart it.

More Info:
ive got 2 hdd a maxtor and some older one theyre both past due to be renewed 5200 rpm on both and i had windows on the maxtor and after i put in my new mobo it would once again start to boot windows xp pro, i would get to the loading screen and my computer would just shutt off.

so i fromatted my hdd, the one with windows. so i hooked it into anathor computer and i did a quick format.

Now i have anathor problem also, after i re-fromated my hdd my comp would tell me that the NTDL or something is missing so i put a floppy drive in and this disent fix it but ive got raid drivers that came with my mobo and when i go to the win xp setup i press f6 for third party raid drivers and i cant install them cuz my floppy wont work it just sits there the whole time whith the led lit up and spins the floppy but nothing happens

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
when you tryed the hd with the new motherboard and its went tot he windows loading screen but shut off, this is osrt of normal, its highly unlikely it would of gone into windows. when you boot from the xp cd and do the format, do you remember to make 1 big partition on the hard drive, i forgot to do this so when it went to install windows it came up with the ntldr error. im not to sure why the pc is shutting down though. and when its loading everything, jus let it run.

JordanHus

elmarcorulz said:
when you tryed the hd with the new motherboard and its went tot he windows loading screen but shut off, this is osrt of normal, its highly unlikely it would of gone into windows. when you boot from the xp cd and do the format, do you remember to make 1 big partition on the hard drive, i forgot to do this so when it went to install windows it came up with the ntldr error. im not to sure why the pc is shutting down though. and when its loading everything, jus let it run.

But you see i cant it wont load the setup it shuts off!

JordanHus

ok also :UJpdate just put in a 250 watt and when i ran the setup it said starting windows and then it stayed on much much longer than whne i had the older one uin ther so no im about 80% sure its the power supply

JordanHus

Hey back again, just bought a new antec 350 watt smart power psu and the win setup satyed on a little but long but still shuts off, im getting pissed with this thing!