win8 dvd

nichosi

I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d.

Is there anything I can do to correct it?

I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.

Darren

Staff member
I'd probably just download and install W10 at this point.

Sounds like your media is corrupted.

Darren

Staff member
It's free. If your machine has previously been activated, it'll store the activation in the BIOS and activate when you're into Windows 10.

They never did away with the free upgrade to 10. Still works, just not really advertised. If you have a product key for 8 or 7, you can still use it to activate 10. My 10 Pro license I run was yanked off a recycled Win 7 Pro Dell machine going in the trash.

nichosi

Thank you,

I did try it once with my W8 License key but was not accepted in w8.1 or W10, but Ill try again.

nichosi

Unfortunately w8 licnce is not accepted

Attachments

• W8 TOOL.jpg
    W8 TOOL.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 5
  • w8 tool1.jpg
    w8 tool1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 5
  • w8 cd.JPG
    w8 cd.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 5

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you getting startup repair on a new install? You need to delete the existing partitions and do a clean install of windows 10 pro.

beers

Staff member
Unfortunately w8 licnce is not accepted
You'd want a fresh install not just an in-place upgrade. You can even install an OS without specifying a product key, although since W8 or so they started being included in BIOS/UEFI.

I'd just use the media creation tool and make a bootable USB image. Also you might want to run some extended diagnostics on that hard drive like Seatools or something as it's probably damaged/failing.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Also, would be really great if members would fully explain on what they were actually trying to do in their first post instead of it coming out in later posts. Kinda hard to help someone when they don't fully explain their situation.

nichosi

The laptop is dead, cannot get in it to do anything.

I was hoping with my my W8/10 media creation tools it would be refreshed.

Darren

Staff member
Might be worth taking it to a shop and just request for them to wipe it and install Windows. I'd maybe want the hard drive tested too.

nichosi

Is not worth spending money on it I like making good thing if I could, I restored my 1954 MG TF after 55 years of use & upkeep and my 1923 Douglas 2.3 HP horizontally opposed cylinders motor bike.

When I trued Recovery it said it needs to be repaired, could not be loaded because a crucial system driver is missing or contains errors.:-

" windows\system32\driver\msisadrv.sys
Error Code: 0xc000007b. "

How can that be replaced if I can not start it?

Attachments

• DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    509.3 KB · Views: 5

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You most likely need a new hard drive. The old one has probably failed to the point where nothing will fix it. From the sounds of it, it would be in your best interest to take it in have someone do this for you. If you don't feel like spending money on this old of a system then go buy a new one.

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
How can that be replaced if I can not start it?
Because the new installation doesn't give a crap about files currently on the disk? I don't feel like you're really trying at all and just resigning to defeat, despite having a relatively simple path to resolution.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It most likely won't activate because you probably had windows 8 or 10 Home installed previously. A Home key won't activate anything other version such as Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise. you need to install the same version of 10 that was installed previously so that it will activate. `