winamp

Redbull{wings}

is there a plugin for winamp that emulates the center speaker for mp3s? ive tried two but both cause winamp to crash im using v5.24

PC eye

banned
The KB 5.1 channel output plugin is one I've heard about. But you should have 5.1 surround right through the Creative speaker settings. I tried Winamp sometime back and soon got rid of it. WMP 10 plays mp3s far better with the EAX added to the 5.1 there.

ChrisUlrich

The KB 5.1 channel output plugin is one I've heard about. But you should have 5.1 surround right through the Creative speaker settings. I tried Winamp sometime back and soon got rid of it. WMP 10 plays mp3s far better with the EAX added to the 5.1 there.

Wait...certain media players sound/play better then other media players? Really? hhahah

What about Creative PlayCenter or iTunes?

Redbull{wings}

ive got wmp and i prefer as it its a nicer look and much more subtle i dont need something fancy and itunes is too bloated i havent really tried playcenter

i couldnt find the the kb plugin u mentioned do you have a link?

PC eye

banned
ive got wmp and i prefer as it its a nicer look and much more subtle i dont need something fancy and itunes is too bloated i havent really tried playcenter

i couldnt find the the kb plugin u mentioned do you have a link?

The one player that does a great job to compete with WMP is Cyberlink's PowerDVD 6.0. It even has it's own set of screensavers to choose from during audio playback of cds or mp3s. Most of the time you never run into the "need for this codec" crap when running a few different formats.

It will easily play vcds and mpeg IIs along with other dvd formats. And it readily runs in surround sound. Another thing to mention about it is that it doesn't auto connect to web pages when you play a video file. :D

PC eye

banned
Whch version are you running? 6.0 has the newer screensaver feature. That wasn't on the 4.0 version ran here for until a few months ago. The sound still has to go through the SB Live sound mixer.

Redbull{wings}

version 5 but for some reason i cant enable more than 2 speakers something about purchasing it? it came with my dvd burner

PC eye

banned
You don't enable 5.1 there but in the Creative speaker settings. You never see actual 5.1 surround unless it's a live or prerecorded 5.1 file or disk.Besides separation with the L + R as usual the center separates audio frequencies. Center high is the mid to high with the woofer seein the obvious low ranges there. Most of the time the separation is synthesized not discrete.