windos xp pc alternative

patrickv

WTHBBQ????? LOL!
Firstly, some things in System Properties are arranged slightly differently (I know this; went from Home to Pro). Also, even the bar that slides across during the startup is different - in XP Home it's green, in XP Pro it's blue. Not to mention it says "Professional" (cool) rather than "Home edition" (lame).

Touché
wow you even checked on appearances , boot screen for that matter ? :p

tlarkin

VIP Member
WTHBBQ????? LOL!
Firstly, some things in System Properties are arranged slightly differently (I know this; went from Home to Pro). Also, even the bar that slides across during the startup is different - in XP Home it's green, in XP Pro it's blue. Not to mention it says "Professional" (cool) rather than "Home edition" (lame).

There's a world of difference between those two OSs... next time, get your facts right

:p

No the differences is what I mentioned plus management options which come along with an AD environment. XP Home = non managed OS, which is technically less secure, XP Pro = the ability to manage the OS. I just simplified it with connecting to a domain network since things like ACLs and group and local and machine policies can be put on a machine.

Other than that, they use the SAME NT Kernel, and are the same OS. There are some slight networking features missing in HOME but that is also lumped into security.

As far as command line goes, you can donwload and install things from MS to give you a lot of the options WinXP Pro has

I imagine you are being sarcastic with your post, but MS has feature limited OSes for a while now and it is getting lame. What is going to happen when Windows 7 comes out? Are they going to have 5 versions and you gotta pay $50 more each tier for a few native features?