Windows 10 , 3.1 GHz PC is so slow, [HELP]

alisalih

I was trying to download a language pack as a display language,but it was always getting stuck at the "speech input" download. So I thought "maybe if I set that language as default and shut the computer down,it will work"
After I clicked shut down,it gave a loading like it's gonna do an update. It was stuck in that screen,so I pressed the power button for 10 seconds.
It shut it self down,and I turned the PC on again. But it was weirdly slow and didn't change it's language, I thought "after all that process,it is tired". So I shut the computer down.
After 12 hours,it is still so slow. It opens Task Manager in 2 minutes. Weird for a 3.1 GHz computer,right? The OS doesn't respond at all,and gives a black screen after a while which the only thing I can do is moving the cursor. I pressed the power button for 10 seconds again,but I'm so confused.
What should I do?

beers

Staff member
3.1 GHz doesn't really mean anything. What specific cpu is it? What other specs do you have?

Computers don't get tired. How long did you wait before manually shutting it down during updates? Do a system restore to a point before where you were breaking it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Or you could have filled up with malware by downloading crap, which is probably what happened.

Geoff

VIP Member
3.1 GHz doesn't really mean anything. What specific cpu is it? What other specs do you have?

Computers don't get tired. How long did you wait before manually shutting it down during updates? Do a system restore to a point before where you were breaking it.
Here I am picturing a Pentium 4 at 3.1GHz lol.