Windows 10 and System Image

COLTON_CJF

If I buy a new computer with windows 10 then change the settings and download a few programs I need and make a system image, can I copy that system image over to 100+ computers so they can have the same OS, settings and programs (to make my life easier)?

Darren

Staff member
Yup, that's the whole point of imaging. You'll have to go thru each machine and handle activation (Windows and other programs you might use like Office) but other than that should be ok. That's the only way large companies have their IT infrastructure works. Installing hundreds of machines 1 by 1 isn't feasible.

COLTON_CJF

Yup, that's the whole point of imaging. You'll have to go thru each machine and handle activation (Windows and other programs you might use like Office) but other than that should be ok. That's the only way large companies have their IT infrastructure works. Installing hundreds of machines 1 by 1 isn't feasible.
Ok so than a system image can "copy" as much copies of the hard drive as I need, or do you just "move" it over and it only works once? Can you also do this with a flash drive?

Darren

Staff member
Ok so than a system image can "copy" as much copies of the hard drive as I need, or do you just "move" it over and it only works once? Can you also do this with a flash drive?
You can do it on however many you need. One image can be used on 100 machines and they'll all come out identical.

There's tones of cloning software out there, such as CloneZilla.