windows 10 blue screen boot loop.

n1ck

I have been getting a blue screen loop whenever I turn on my computer, with the error code 'BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO' I have tried booting into safe mode, wiping the computer, various things in the bios and it all results in an error message. I have removed the graphics card, ram to see if it was a hardware issue however it made no difference. does anyone have any advice please.

beers

Staff member
If it continues to show up on a new installation there's likely three factors:

Unstable/failing RAM placing bit flips on your data as it writes to storage, corrupted.
Unstable/failing storage not being able to read or write data correctly to/from storage, corrupted.
Corrupted installation media placing invalid files on your system. This could be the image or the storage mechanism like flash drive.

I'd try writing a large file (larger than the Windows ISO) to the installation medium and then try reading it back to receive the same sha checksum. That will tell you that you can read/write to the installation medium reliably. Obtain a new Windows ISO and write it to the medium.

You can use utilities like Memtest86+ to test RAM for errors and SeaTools or another hard drive manufacturer to run scans on the drive. The UBCD contains a useful bundle of diagnostic utilities, or Hiren's Boot CD. It might also be worth resetting CMOS to defaults if there's any parameters pushing the system out of spec such as RAM frequency and timings.