Windows 10 error unable to start. This is on my new Machine I built this week

I have gotten the error twice and have had to completely wipe my SDD and start from scratch to get the machine working again. I have tried to do the repair utilities and that did not help. Anyone have any idea why this could be occurring? It only happens when I shut down the machine. Sucks feeling like I wasted hours install all my programs/games to lose it all over and over.

Darren

Staff member
What SATA mode are you in in the BIOS? Should be set to AHCI. Also make sure your boot drive is set to your SSD (after you install the OS).

What SATA mode are you in in the BIOS? Should be set to AHCI. Also make sure your boot drive is set to your SSD (after you install the OS).
happened again last night when I started my new machine. My SATA mode is set to AHCI. I reinstalled everything for the 4th time. This time i avoided installing the motherboard utilities thinking one of them was causing an issue. All drivers are installed. Did some reboots and everything currently seems fine. If it happens again what else could be causing this?

strollin

After you get all your stuff installed, use Macrium Reflect free or something similar to make a system image before you shutdown, that way it should be easy to restore your system. Make sure you use the facility in Reflect to create a boot disk too.

Strollin, I will look into that when I get home from work. Creating and image wil def save me time if the issue arises again

Beers, windows does not give me a specific error. The ASUS start of logo appears and below it i get a message that says stating automatic repair. Then the system goes to the windows 10 repair menu. I try to run the startup repair tool but that does not fix the issue.

MyCattMaxx

I would be looking at a bad hard drive or possibly bad windows update.
That reminds me, I do remember reading somewhere that sometimes the update will throw it into a loop when booting up.
I don't recall more about it since I have no intention of going to 10 for a long time and didn't follow the follow-ups on it.