Windows 10 install issues

Exo

Good day everyone. I have 2 new hard drives that I am putting in to replace one that has gone out. I would like to install Windows 10 on the SSD drive I now have. I have downloaded the windows media creation tool and used it to make a USB windows boot disk.

everything works great until about 70+ % of the install and I get this error:

Windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code :0x8007025D

I have tried remaking the USB disk 4 times now with 2 different USB Flash Drives. Each time I get the same error.

Can anyone help?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Does your computer have a dvd drive? I would recommend just making the bootable dvd to install. If the dvd fails to install then something is up with your system, whether it be ram or hdd issue.

Exo

John,

While waiting on the DVD ISO to create, I decided to remove 2 of my sticks of memory. (newly installed Gskill Ripjaws 1333) and just use the old system ram I have had in since the build. The install worked this time. Replaced the new ram after the windows install and all seems to be working great. Thanks for the help!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then what I would do is run memtest on your memory to verify you don't have memory errors. You'll run into issues later if you do.