WINDOWS 10 LOST EVERYTHING

dinows

I upgraded last night and whe I got up this morning all my desktop was gone, cant find documents, no favorites. Can you help ? Thanks in advance

DMGrier

VIP Member
You could also look under the C: > Users and see if you are logged in under a different account.

Fitster

What a surprise. I thought win 10 will be like this. Friend of mine got the same, but he got everything back. I`ll ask him what did he do.

Peakkk

did you perform a clean install? and what are your PC specs?
It would be helpful if you replied with something..anything.

Geoff

VIP Member
Did you run the upgrade by launching the application, or did you boot off the media to perform a clean install? You may need to restore your data from your backup.

johnnyb58

Oh God I sure hope this is something simple and nothing is lost because this scares the hell out of me. :eek:
I'm looking at a Win 10 popup window right now telling me to install and I guess I'm going to have to wait.

C4C

Oh God I sure hope this is something simple and nothing is lost because this scares the hell out of me. :eek:
I'm looking at a Win 10 popup window right now telling me to install and I guess I'm going to have to wait.
Doing the upgrade WITHIN your OS should keep all programs.

beers

Staff member
I upgraded last night and whe I got up this morning all my desktop was gone, cant find documents, no favorites. Can you help ? Thanks in advance
Are you using a Microsoft account now instead of a local account?