Windows 10 taskbar keeps going strange?

tech2

My Windows 10 Taskbar keeps going weird where suddenly icons overlap, a quick mouse courser over it and fine. Happens randomly. Started a few weeks ago.
Attached photo of it.
Please advise on how I stop it as it is annoying.
Thanks

Attachments

• taskbar-01.png
    taskbar-01.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 10

SpriteMidr

Some questions:

1. Are you using a program such as Classic Shell or are you using the vanilla Windows Explorer UI?

2. How old is the PC, what is the spec? What graphics card and power supply rating do you have (if it is a desktop/server)

3. Have you noticed anything else that is strange.

4. What were you doing when it started?

5. Run winver.exe ... what build are you running? (If it is an Insider Preview then I will say nothing more, that will be your issue)

6. Have you updated your Graphics Card drivers and maybe chipset drivers?

7. Have you done a "proper" reboot of Windows? Windows 10 tends to Hybrid shutdown unless you tell it not to. You can tell by your uptime in task manager. If it is anything more than 24 hours, you might wanna try rebooting. Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to open task manager and have a look...
upload_2016-4-17_14-3-15.png

If you want to do a full restart of the OS instead of a hybrid shut down, unless you change it in the settings, you want to press Win+R and enter
Code:
shutdown -s -f -t 010 -c "Shutting Down properly!"

Note: I have problems with the Windows Explorer Taskbar on 10 on all of my systems. Seems to be a bit of a bug. I find that icons disappear.

Try a system restore back to before it started, or try resetting your PC if it is that much of an issue, otherwise, if you are certain that there is not an underlying hardware issue, you just wanna put up with it until a fix comes out.

tech2

Thanks for your response.

My PC is new and powerful i7 quadcore 3.7ghz 32gb ram.

I haven't noticed anything else strange that I can think of.

6. Have you updated your Graphics Card drivers and maybe chipset drivers? Yes. I think this might be where the issue is at.

tech2

It's the AMD Radeon R9 200. Also, my monitor sometimes flashes off and loses singal and I have to restart. I'm sure once i noticed a crash error from the graphics.
Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What exact card do you have? 200 is just the series of the card. Also, what is the make and model of power supply?